My friend borrowed money and won't pay me back?

A week ago i lent my "friend" £50 and he agreed to pay me back the next day, since then iv asked him to pay me back but he keeps coming up with excuses and brushes it off, its been a week now and im done with him and want to know the best way to get payback?

I'm thinking of going round his house at night and keying his car or cracking eggs on it to damage the paintwork which will do a lot more damage than the money he borrowed.

Is this reasonable?

Most Helpful Girl

• No don't do that. You can actually get in trouble for keying his car... what you could do is call him a lot, text him 24:7 and if he still doesn't pay you back just know you've done your best trying to get the money back. If he asks you for anymore money say no, unless it's an emergency.

Most Helpful Guy

• yea id do the same.

What Girls Said 3

• Really shouldn't exact revenge, the consequences on doing damage to his property are far worse for you than him owing you money (even though it's a lot of money). With hindsight being 20/20, I know what I'm about to say is not helpful in the least, but I was always taught never to lend anything to anyone unless you're okay with never getting it back. In other words, always lend something with the assumption that you won't be repaid or have the item given back.
    Your best bet is to be persistent in reminding him. And never lend to him again, no matter what his reasons are.

• I say just cut him off. It's not like you gave him hundreds in cash, but this should tell you he's no good and he used you. Don't get revenge because it could come back and bite you in the ass.

• no that is not reasonable.

Ask him when is he going to pay the money back and if he intends to pay it back or not.

Anyway, even if he doesn't pay the money back, what you are thinking of doing is wrong.

What Guys Said 5

• Don't *ask* him to give the money back. *Tell* him to give it back. Get in his face and make it perfectly clear that he owes you the money.

• Use this for inspiration:
    http://youtu.be/TruXhuAO4IY

• No don't do it, if you never get your money back at least tell your common friends what happened.

• yea but its quite a bit of money and i need to do something to get back at him

• if he's dependent on you in any way you have that power. Like if you drop him home after he gets wasted or smth like that.

• Neither a borrower nor a lender be
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
    —Polonius, Hamlet

• lol..

• Financial advisors often say that you should never lend to a friend unless you are willing to to never see the friend, the money or both ever again

• I lent a friend £4,500 when it came time to pay back she flaked. With it being a girl I couldn't exactly get in her face or anything. I sent her 5 or 6 texts over the course of a week and she sent the police to my door saying I was harassing her. They came with their chests pumped out and their superman T shirts under their uniforms ready to save the damsel in distress without actually looking at the supposed harassing messages. When I showed them the actual texts they changed their tune. They said my only course of action was to take her to the civil courts. I'd say maybe just learn your lesson and walk away and count your blessings that it was only £50.

• sorry that happened to you

i can live with the fact is was £50 but his family is rich, he steals money from his parents, he's a junkie and has beef with tons of people. id just love to wipe the smug look from his face, he wouldn't even know it was me fucking with him with the amount of people he has done this to, i just wouldn't of thought it would of happened to me since we were "close".