What do you regret more, Doing something or Not doing something?

Like on any decision , we usually get confused between doing it or not.
Example:
- Deleting, Like some gagers regret deleting their account some don't regret
- Buying clothes, Electronic...
- Posting pointless post
- And more
- regret saying something OR sometime we regret not saying something

sometime I feel happy for not buying something when I had that feeling and vise versa

Most Helpful Guy

• yes i regret
    -eating fast food cause it degraded my health
    -buying too much junk i didn't really need
    -selling 2 of my cars for one new one that im now having all kinds of problems with when i could of easily fixed the one i liked i had. but now i have 2 cars again, and im currently fixing the problems. lack of free time and money is the obstacle right now, the process is slow.
    -even tho i had no choice, i broke up with a really sweet hot girl of my dreams because i had to move out of state, if that never happened she would of been the one, at least i think so. i always wonder how she's doing, but i can never find out. there's no way to, i just hope she's happy, cause i really broke her beautiful heart.
    - back in my high school years a girl suddenly said hi to me and she was behind me somewhere, but stupid me i didn't look back to see who it was to say hi back to and i kept walking away.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 22

• For me the regrets later on generally come from things I thought I should have done but didn't do. They don't come quite as much from the things I made the effort to do but failed.

More immediate regrets tend to come from things I did do, like embarrassing things, but long-term regrets for me tend to be more about what I didn't do.

• Some of this might be kind of just be a matter of how we frame our thoughts and words. But the things I regret in my youth are the opportunities I ignored.

• Whoops: "some of this might just be a matter of how we frame our thoughts and words".

• You explained it very well

• I regret doing something more.
    There may have been times I should have done something and didn't, and yeah, I regret that... but even those are just "what if?" scenarios.
    Actually doing something, and having it be something you wish you could take back? That is a bigger regret to me.

• I regret never getting a job driving a cab, smearing my feces all over the back seat, and video recording the reaction of fares as they climbed intlo the car!

• Kinda depends on the perceived result.

We regret having done things that have a lasting negative effect on our lives. We regret having missed out on things we perveive as being enjoyable or beneficial.

• How "not an answer" of you. <3

You're an expert at risk management.

• Good answer.

• @bcromartie
      If you say so.

• The not doing is always worse for me because of the ill fated question..."What If...".

• I regret having said or not said some things to people in the past... thereby wasting chances to build up good bonds, or screwing something up :o

• I tend to regret doing nothing more

• Not doing something.

Wondering "what if" is the biggest pain in the ass ever.

• Not doing something. The unknown bothers me more than the known.

• Think it's generally not doing something.

• Regret not doing something more often than regretting doing something

• Not doing something.

• Doing something 100%

• No regrets!

• Acting.

• doing nothing

• Everything for a reason i reckon, regrets yes but dwelling no for me anyway!

• For me sometimes I regret things I didn't say or didn't do.

• Not doing something.

• ohhh lots of regrets !! but only when i think about it.. i dont like looking back..

• Not doing something takes the cake...

• Not doing something

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on the situation. There are lot of things I regret not doing it. I feel that it wasn't for my decision my life would be different now.
    So, I would say that I regret more not doing something.

• Not doing something more than likely.

• Not doing something bc if I do something then I get a result. Good or bad, it's still a result.

• I try not to worry about it either way, what's done is done.

• For doing something