What do you think of Stalin?

If you do something good, but the process in which you do it or the steps you take and decisions you make are terribly awful, does the outcome in your opinion justify the means?

In other words, does a good outcome excuse all wrongs committed to attain it?

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• He singlehandedly saved Russia from German invasion but in the end destroyed the nation himself. Anathema to Stalin. I prefer St. Tikhon of Zedonsk who guided the Church during that difficult time.

• He committed a larger genocide than hitler though

• But was it really worth it

• @Waffles731 Depends upon what Hitler would have done to Russia if he won. It is pure speculation.

What Guys Said 8

• He was more murderous than Hitler and I hate everything about him

• The only good Stalin did was help win the war, that's it. He killed more people than Hitler, and he helped install an evil system in many countries around the world, a system that has killed millions.

So yeah, Stalin was a piece of shit.

• Stalin is easily T. H. E. most evil thing to ever walk, crawl, flap, swim, or slither the face of the planet.

The next 3 or 4 genocidal megalomaniac tyrants COMBINED don't equal his kill count.

FFS, he had his own army officers shot just for kicks. He ordered the executions of thousands of Polish army officers and enlisted. He either created or worsened (depending on which account you believe) a famine in the Ukraine that killed millions. He sent millions to their deaths in the gulags. He enslaved and tortured tens of millions.

Stalin makes Hitler look like a Boy Scout throwing a temper tantrum.

• I think he was a handsome bugger in his youth.
    1.mshcdn.com/.../stalin-14.jpg

Rate out of 10?

• They totally photoshopped him. Fake/10.

• @chintita lmao no more than people on snapchat these days smh!

• Those damn filters! Haha. They slim down the face and make the eyes larger/shinier. Similar to that one site that rated our facial aesthetics lol.

• Stalin was a vicious thug, who began life as a bank robber.
    After the Jewish Bolshevik takeover of the Russian Empire, he became a psychopathic mass-murdering thug who had the backing of a totalitarian state.
    Soviet-era records that were accessed by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn revealed that Stalin and Lenin murdered about 66 million people.

• He was the only person in history to commit a larger genocide that hitler, what do you think

• Actually, Mao was far worse.
      He killed 84 million after the revolution and 50 million during the revolution.

• @Barrabus_the_Free
      According to a census that was conducted by Jewish organisations before the war, there were only four million Jews in Europe in 1939.
      So, begin with four million, gas six million and after the war 4.5 million claim compensation from the German Government. That is some creative accounting.
      See:
      www.amazon.com/.../0967985692

• ------

Or that by the end of the war, the Allied bombing campaign was so successful that the Germans were having problems feeding their own troops, let alone anyone locked in prison camps.

Everyone also seems to forget that Stalin had 50% of the responsibility for starting WWII, since the Soviet Union ALSO invaded Poland, not long after the Germans.

But hey, whatever. People don't want to learn history so as to avoid repeating the same mistakes, that's neither my business nor my problem.

• Stalin was useless.

• He killed millions and I'd still vote for him over trump.

What Girls Said 2

• A criminal. I dislike him profoundly. Although he helped saving Europe during WW2.

• I hate Stalin