Is it better to feel everything or nothing at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• Everything!
    When I had hard time in my life and when I felt real mix of feelings, starting from hurt ended with anger, I found a joy in those feelings. I still find a joy in sadness. It is true that it is better to feel pain than feel nothing.
    Maybe it sounds kind of masochistic but I can't write good things if I don't feel sadness and pain.
    Those feelings make us alive, make us feel like a human, make us feel like a main character of the movie.(maybe the last one works only for me haha)
    Bad times will go, it always goes and you will be happy again, I am sure.

• Hmm little difficult to believe in. I mean i try but i don't feel alive at all, i have felt dead inside for a long long time.

• Thanks for mho

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 19

• I'd rather feel everything than nothing at all. Apathy is the worst thing you could possibly experience emotionally

• In order to develop a well rounded personality and get along with your environment you need to be able to feel everything. In our society it's a significant benefit to be capable of feeling emotions.

• Without the negative feelings, we know how good the positive ones are... even if they are fleeting at best.

• Everything, that socio-life doesn't fit my spastic personality.

• everything. i can't believe I'm saying it though.

• It's what everyone else said, why, would you pick the other option?

• You think about the other option of not feeling when it gets too much. Too much pain to deal with. But nothing lasts forever so once negative emotions are gone you are back to feeling overwhelming positive emotions pouring out of you , and you know then that you are lucky one.

• @Soulsky thank u =] i like that xx

• Feeling everything when it comes to pleasure, happiness and joy. Feel nothing when it's emotions of pain, brokenness and guilt

• "Pain, without love,
    Pain, I can't get enough,
    Pain, I like it rough,
    'Cuz I rather feel pain than nothing at all" - Three Days Grace: Pain
    So, I would rather feel everything than nothing at all.

• Yeah... but i mean... its three days grace, they are so damn rich

• You can't deny that their lyrics don't make sense since they do.
      1st time I just sang this, then it made me think about it, and yeah, feeling nothing would suck. In I am machine is the same thing, you would be just a machine with organs if you were to feel nothing.

• i have depression and often feel absolutely nothing and honestly it's fucking terrifying

• I am a pretty numb and cold person. I feel little empathy in general :P
    so I prefer to feel everything instead of this.
    makes me a better person I guess

• Nothing at all.. for me at least 😅😅

• Better yet - ask a manic depressive person what's better... being a maniac or being depressed.

• Everything since it makes you stronger as a person once you know how to work with them.

• everything, the good feels better when you've felt the bad.

• In between ;P

• I don't know. Results?

• Feel everything... highs & lows = life

• The latter is depression.

• I've tried feeling nothing. Losing the lows is not worth losing the highs.

• There are times I want to feel nothing but then I feel alive for feeling it all and accept its who I am and wouldn't change a thing

What Guys Said 4

• Everything! Trust me, numbness would be horrible

• Think about how much great art is the result of those unwanted pesky little feelings.

• everyone has emotions if they don't they are pretending

• Nothing at all.
    I feel. It's overwhelming. I'd like to feel but I think I'd be much better feeling nothing.