Did Hillary Clinton really help a paedophile or rapist?

I'm not sure which one is was.

True or false?

Most Helpful Girl

• She was appointed to defend a man in court who was accused of raping a 12 year old girl, yes. Of course, everyone deserves a defense lawyer when they are being charged with a crime, that's a basic right and she did do that job.

However, many people are upset with the way she handled it and how she treated the victim as well as comments she made in interviews about the case afterwards. She basically blamed the victim for having a part in her own attack by saying the 12 year old girl was "emotionally unstable and had a tendency to seek out older men." I understand that she was doing her job to defend her client but at the same time, tearing down a child who has been raped is just... disgusting. Her whole defense was based on discrediting the victim.

She also said in a later interview that she knew her client was guilty and spoke about how he managed to pass a polygraph test which "forever destroyed her faith in polygraph tests" while laughing. The man she defended was facing 40 years to life in prison, he ended up getting one year time served but I don't think he actually served the whole year...

As I've always believed though, Hillary Clinton is NOT for women, she's only "for" her own best interests.

• Thanks for explaining this properly. I agree with you.

• Don't forget this recorded call here where she is super happy and laughing about it. Quite questionable morals there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCDzRtZLUkc

• @FakeName123 wow I didn't even know about this. Thanks for sharing

Most Helpful Guy

• Well she's married to an alleged rapist. Over a dozen credible women have spoken out against him already. He was impeached for lying under oath. Not sure how people think him or Hilary can be trusted...

• @jacquesvol, so, if someone is assaulted and they tell you about it, your initial reaction is to say "Where are the facts?"? I believe in due process but I'm not so naive to believe that, when someone is accused of something over a dozen times, they're just unlucky. Keep in mind that Bill Clinton was partially impeached for PERJURY. We're supposed to take his word over the victim's, correct?

• The impeachment failed.
      Look up what has been the career of Kenneth Star since. He received his 'academic' rewards in the South. Not in the Clinton area. :) Services rewarded... by the GOP.

What Girls Said 5

• Very true. I've seen the interview of her laughing and joking about it. It was absolutely disgusting.

• Wtf I hope she doesn't become president, I know both candidates and bad but her laughing about it? That's not okay.

• That's crazy, I wish all of the people who support her see this if they haven't already. If they still support her after they saw this then there is something seriously wrong with them.

• Could not agree more. And this is the woman they believe is all for womens rights. Crazy.

• Yup. She was proud as heck to get him off even though she admitted she knew he was guilty.

• I seriously cannot believe how people can support a person like that.

• Yes it's true. It blows my mind how people still trust her. Sadly most rapists don't get time or they get very little time they have to serve.

• They are kinda an odd couple

• She was doing her job. That's all.

• She laughed about it afterwards though and she basically knew he was guilty and managed to get him locked up for under a year when it should have been 40 years

What Guys Said 14

• Yes, she did successfully defend a pedophile, though the pedophile is deeply ashamed of his association with Hillary, and refuses to admit to it!

• www.snopes.com/.../

Hillary Clinton Freed Child Rapist
    Hillary Clinton's role in a 40-year-old rape case became the focal point of a viral meme in 2016, but the claims made about it were mostly inaccurate.

CLAIM: Hillary Clinton successfully defended an accused child rapist and later laughed about the case.

MOSTLY FALSE

WHAT'S TRUE: In 1975, young lawyer Hillary Rodham was appointed to represent a defendant charged with raping a 12-year-old girl. Clinton reluctantly took on the case, which ended with a plea bargain for the defendant.

WHAT'S FALSE: Hillary Clinton did not volunteer to be the defendant's lawyer, she did not laugh about the the case's outcome, she did not assert that the complainant "made up the rape story," she did not claim she knew the defendant to be guilty, and she did not "free" the defendant.

• Did you hear the tape? She said, and I quote, "He took a lie detector test! I had him take a polygraph, which he passed, which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs! *Laughs*" This is implying that she knew he was guilty of raping a 12-year old but he passed the test anyway which destroyed her faith in them.

• @asker She didn't know but she suspected and likely believed. If she knew he was a rapist, she cannot legally represent him or she would be disbarred.

• @gotc147
      1. Yes, I was too restrictive; most people don't understand how the law works. I thought of conservatives because all too often in social media I see these screeds by mostly conservatives about something (such as this) which illustrate that their knowledge of how the law and, in particular, the criminal justice system operate.
      2. Yes, I use Snopes because they use verifiable references. In fact, the nature of the work they do is very similar to the work I do for a living.
      3. I am not "defending" Hillary Clinton; I am explaining the likely reasons for actions for everyone in that case based solely on that recorded interview. Indeed, a good defense lawyer might have not gone for the plea, but went to trial to get the acquittal. So, some might say what she did - by getting the plea agreement - was not in the best interests of her client, but did what was in the best interests of justice considering that she was his defense attorney and likely believed he was guilty.

• Since when is a lawyer "guilty by association" ?
    Kindly answer that.

• Did he claim she was "guilty by association"? No. No he did not.

The question was "Did Hillary Clinton really help a paedophile or rapist?" and the details were "I'm not sure which one is was.

True or false?"

Where did you get "guilty by association"?

• She was assigned the case, attempted to avoid accepting the case, and accepted it at the appointing judges insistence. She won the case because of inconsistent testimony by the kid involved.

• Yes she did, she was a defense lawyer in Arkansas at the time.

• Even worse; she sold arms to Saudi Arabia.

• Probably false. But it is definitely true that the Catholic Church has done that many times.

• Loads of people have said it's true though and they gave me proof.

• Loads of people say the Chupacabra is real and show "proof". Eyewitness accounts are worthless.

• You mean her husband?
    Yeap, many times.

• If someone's interested, there's an interview with former Nixon's adviser, who, I assume, know the "inner kitchen" a little bit better some some retarded young liberals.
      www.rt.com/.../

• And that's why I support Bernie even if he won't be the candidate. Hillary is a creep.

• I have no idea idea.

• She was his defense attorney

Dont get me wrong i think she is a scumbag but a jobs a job

• True. I asked.

• I don't like trump. But I will still vote for him because of the stuff Hillary does.

• As a lawyer yes. I see no problem with that its the rest I have a problem with. The clintons have so many skeletons in their closet that they need to be jailed. Most recently she approved the sail oof an F22 raptor to Saudi arabia and received $150 million in campaign funds. Campaign funds and corruption aside the f22 us the most advanced war machine on the planet and should be sold to no one but the US military, no even Israel should have it.

• I think there's going to be a lot of pressure to sell F22s to allies, because the F35 looks to be a shit dogfighter.

• Yeah, exactly (re the phantom).

I think a lot of u. s. allies had been basically planning to buy just f35s, and now wondering if that makes sense.

• @0112358 Its not the fighter it should be for the price tag and development costs. If I was buying id buy Russian or at the very least the newest versions of the F16 or F18.