Kinda complicated, but would you agree?

If a person has to go out of their way to prove something so others can see it, doesn't it mean that what said person was trying to prove isn't really as prominent or as good as he thought it was? Because if it really WAS that good, he wouldn't have to prove it. And when I say "it", I'm talking about anything, it could be a skill, a trait, a talent or whatever.

So do agree or disagree?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. I think thats the difference in beinf cocky vs confident about something. To walk around throwing your skill/looks/talent it everybodys face and screaming how great you are usually means you're not, and even if it is true... most people don't like that so you're kinda shooting yourself. To just admit with confidence something means you know you have skill/looks/talent and people can take it or leave it, either way you're standing firm.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's situational I think. I'll be the first to admit I boast lol. If you have it flaunt it. If you don't have it then don't show off. It's not set in stone.. Just depends on personality.

• You're a boxer look at how much shit Mike Tyson talked back in his day. Muhammad Ali was mad cocky

What Girls Said 9

• Basically, everyone should already be able to see that skill or talent. The person shouldn't have to describe it to others for them to recognize that someone is good at something. On some things, I would agree with you. However, maybe the person hides that part of their life from people or it is something that isn't well known to whomever the person is talking to. Maybe the ins-and-outs of something have to be described for the other person to recognize that, "Oh, so-and-so is really good now that I know more about _____."

If that makes sense. xD

• NO. That is the most outrageous statement I have ever read!

:P Truth: I agree with you, Capitan!

• Agree! If you're really confident in something or yourself you won't feel the need to prove that to someone else. Insecurity makes you want to prove something.

• I agree.

Confidence is quiet. Insecurity is loud.
    Its also the reason why small dogs constantly bark and big dogs rarely do.

• yes or they re being challenged by others

• Yes I agree, and it's annoying when people act like that

• That or they just suck at giving details and have to show others so they will know the full detail on how it's funny.

• Or everyone else is too dense to recognize it

• No, not always, it doesn't because proving a point is sometimes about the principal you have, other things you know and knowing is enough without having to prove anything to anyone because they can see it for themselves like you working well at your job, your work performance would speak for itself.

What Guys Said 9

• No. Take football for example. Tony romo was an underrated rookie free agent coming into the league (basically, no team wanted you). He virtually walked onto the cowboys. He was like 5th on the depth chart for his 1st few years. The only reason he got the start was because drew Bledsoe played like ass. Ever since, he's only become one of the 3 best qbs in the franchise history and best in many respects (barring a ring). Or take Kurt Warner. The dude was bagging groceries in a store before making it into the league and ultimately leading to 2 super bowls. A lot of it is about the perception of the person in charge.

• you say that if it really WAS good, that he/she wouldn't have to prove it... but prove it to whome? this sounds more like the person is trying to validate themselves for knowing such skill or whatever. don't get me wrong, everyone likes admiration to a certain degree, but in this case, who are they trying to prove it to? others? or themselves?

• The people I'm talking about feel inferior, therefore they try to validate themselves to others

• so their insecurity (feeling inferior) is whats driving them to try and validate themselves. why do they feel inferior?

• The proof is in the pudding, and Bill Cosby, as it turns out, was addicted to pudding. What irony.

• Sometimes this is true. Sometimes it's just ego. People enjoy showing their ability to those they know don't have it.

• I dont play it anymore since found something can prove but he will die.
    Logic is not everything maybe.
    Maybe your question is like
    prove is that prove something that has been
    but he create it in the action of proving

• Agree, I don't try to prove myself.

• I didn't understand anything...

• I disagree with all this

• Yep I dont have to prove anything to anyone because I am confident enough.