Do you get depressed on your birthday?

I've noticed that the last two birthdays I'm depressed and scared. I get depressed because I miss my father and scared because I feel like I haven't accomplished much in life.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am so sorry about your dad. I have lost both my parents so when i say i know how you feel, you know i do since i miss mine (both of them) all the time. Whatever you'll end up accomplishing in your life, no matter how minor of an accomplishment it may be in your eyes, will make your dad really proud of you. Believe me, he sees you everyday and knows exactly what you do all the time and is proud of you for everything you accomplish no matter how small or big that accomplishment may be. He watches over you and will take care of you. Happy Birthday

Most Helpful Girl

• Sweetie, you are still young so you have plenty of time to accomplish your goals :)

Even now I'm 30, I don't think I accomplish much either lol I should be worried XD

And sorry for your dad, he's living in your heart, with you.

What Guys Said 13

• No, I get depressed on YOUR birthday!

• I'm sorry you feel down on your birthday. I guess it's hard to go through the happy moments in your life missing the people you hoped would be there on those special days. Maybe one day you will meet a nice guy and have children to celebrate a new birth days with and have new precious loved ones to enjoy those special days with.

• sometimes only because i realize how much i don't care about my own birthday and also how much no one really cares either

• My birthday is next week. Nobody likes you when you're 23 lmao. Too old to be partying like a frat boy. Too young to be respected in the professional world. We got all of our 20s to accomplish shit. Tour is not over yet boyo.

• I'm sure there's girls who like you sooo... I don't think you have to worry about that. Happy early bday!

• Yeah and then there is that lol. Pressure to stop messing around and settle down. That's not happening till my late twenties though. 😂

• yeah same with me. and i dont even celebrate my birthday any more because i dont have anyone to celebrate my birthday with anyone

• Aww your are just 21... You have many years before you accomplish anything... Don't worry about it.. Just keep on working towards your goals...

But you miss your father... Can I ask you what happened to him?

• Don't worry about it, and no I do t get depressed but then again I barely remember the actual partis.

• Yeah some birthdays. It's just a sign to get up and do something. Find a hobby and be motivated to be the best at it.

• Yeah because I realize I'm older and then I haven't accomplished much since then

• Yes I do get depressed on my birthday

• no , never!!!

• Me too. I don't like to age anymore. I feel bad I'm leaving the youth and I look older because of my hair.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• It has happened to me since childhood. When everybody else celebrated my birthday I was kinda sad, I wanted just walking or writing. On my 12th birthday I promised myself that I would never forget how it was being 11 and how it was being child. I don't know whether it even makes sense or not but that time I thought that it was important promise. I try to keep that promise and these days I meet my birthday more happy outside than I did earlier but I always remember that promise I made to myself. I don't even know why It's weird and funny xD
    I guess that I miss that care-free and dreamy child I used to be.

• But maybe I feel sad that day cause my birthday is always rainy and cloudy lol

• Lucky want to switch it's always hot and sunny on my bday... I love rainy and cloud days

• I always wanted my birthday to be sunny and It was rainy xD
      Haha yeah I wanna switch lol

• Nope, I haven't gotten that way.

• I know the feeling. But its also motivation for me to do exactly what I've always wanted to do.
    Set goals for yourself. For me, I said I wanted to compete is a female physique body building competition in 2017. Working towards that.

• I've met the goals I set for myself... I have accomplished a lot with school and work but I have not accomplished my dreams. I've always been scared to tell or show anyone my dreams.

• Yes because it makes me reflect on what I don;t have.
    Also reminds me I don't have a lot of friends to invite to my birthday

• No
    Sometimes I forget it's my birthday until someone reminds me *cough* fb *cough*

Don't worry about not accomplishing much. Everyone has their own pace. Take it slow. Enjoy life.

• For my last 2 birthdays I have been just because It's not the same as it used to be and I get sad at the fact that it never will be.

• Not really.

• Sometimes. It comes too early for me...
    As soon as the year starts someone reminds me about my birthday and tbh getting older kinda saddens me a bit...

• Im sorry about your father aa for your lack of accomplishments don't worry you're only 21 you've got a lot of time on your hands to accomplish great things in life. I felt pretty drepressed when I turned 20 lol.

• Thanks... my depression is very brief because of friends and family I think I just doubt myself

• Yes... but it is the day my Dad died.

• I do feel sad ☺️

• I get very depressed as my birthday is significant for another horrible reason.

• Yeah I get depressed in my birthdays, mainly because I live far away from home and also because I feel very lonely because I don't know many people where I live now and the ones I know aren't that close so whenever I invited them to celebrate only a few came, I always end up crying