Have you ever smoked cigarettes? Do you plan to in the future?

I've never smoked and I don't plan to in the future. I don't really see the benefits of smoking. It rots your teeth, damages your lungs, your breathe stinks, you could become addicted, possibility of getting cancer or dying earlier is high, it makes you less attractive (face paler, rotten teach, etc) If you smoke and you want it that's fine your choice, but I'll never smoke.

• I have in the past, never again.
  • I have never smoked, don't ever plan to.
  • Yes I have and I'll smoke again.
  • Never smoked, but would like to in the future.

Most Helpful Girl

• Never have, never will. It's a disgusting thing.

What Guys Said 39

• I tried it once but just so I could say I've tried it, just for the experience, but I knew I wasn't going to like it, and I was right.
    I hate cigarettes. My father is a smoker, and it sucks when he decides to smoke around us. He tries to avoid it, but sometimes he does, and I can't stand it.
    Seeing my father smoke is what has made me hate cigarettes with all my heart.

• Aw I can relate. My grandfather is a smoker and he's smokes so much sometimes 2 packets a day. He has lung cancer and his doctors tell him to stop but he won't. It's sad because I'm really close to him. I don't understand why other people especially young people want to start smoking. It's terrible. I despise smoking.

• Yeah, people know it's bad, but they do it anyways. And thanks it is 😔. I hope that your dad can somehow break the addiction (if it's even possible) for your sake, and his.

• Thank you :)

• I did and still do, been cutting down, and it's admittedly one of the dumbest things I ever did.

I started when a vegan friend in Tokyo stayed at my apartment, an odd type of vegan who would be giving me a lecture about how toxic meat is for your body only to then stop and take a smoke break every 10 minutes.

In Tokyo, trying to find truly vegan food that was devoid of meat products was almost impossible, so sometimes we searched for over an hour just looking for a restaurant that serves something he wanted to eat.

Every 10-15 minutes between searching for something to eat, he would take a smoke break and I was getting so incredibly bored hanging around smokers.

So I asked for one after doing this for a couple of weeks, and that's when I started.

It was pretty dumb. I used to be a great runner, one of the fastest sprinters in my school, and I can still sprint fast. But I don't have the stamina anymore to do marathons and long distance. It quickly started to diminish the moment I started smoking, but I haven't been able to quit.

• Never have, never will. I don't like the smell and obviously it's bad for health. Not gonna try.

• So pale people are unattractive? Well, thanks. I smoked 14-23. I might smoke more in the future, but I've been using electronic cigarettes since 3 years ago. Well, off and on since I was 19. They're virtually harmless, although no long-term studies have been done on them. Nicotine is still a carcinogen, but it's 1 carcinogen versus 50-100 in cigarettes + 3900 other chemicals. After using e-cigs, cigarettes don't taste good, either.

• Oh, the best thing is being able to breathe. Not being out of breath after walking a flight of stairs.

• Okay, fair enough.

• Had one cig while i was drunk and woke up with a terrible taste in my mouth that I could not get rid of. It was disgusting and I will never do it again 😷

• I've tried it, it's really not that great. The smell is awful and gets into your clothes and hair and skin and discolours everything. If you're not a regular smoker, sometimes instead of getting a rush, you get really nauseated.

Plus it's getting more and more expensive.

The times I have tried, I've inevitably been out drinking and there is something nice to a cigarette or cigar with a drink on a patio.

What's the benefit? It gives you a rush. It's a rush that you can take that doesn't leave you less capable or intoxicated for a long period of time like having alcohol would. When things are stressful, going for a smoke gives you a break and the chemicals ease the pressure.

• I smoked a little while i was trying to reduce my drinking. it helped a lot. Not a big fan of smoking, i find it disgusting but it was serving a purpose.

• The Great American Novelist Kurt Vonnegut said, “Cigarettes are a classy way to commit suicide.”.
    So no I have not and will not

• I have smoked 1 in my life and I don't think I'll be smoking anymore.

• I tried it out when I was young... stupid. Luckily I stopped quickly again after a couple of days

• I have never smoked cigarettes and never will. There are so many reasons I hate them and smokers.

• Eeww. Never have, never will. It's a disgusting thing.

• I smoked one cigarette and knew from that first puff that I didn't like em, never touched em since, I do smoke cigars and pipe tobacco though, and greatly enjoy em. Also there are several health benefits to smoking the two things I mentioned.

• No and no. Smoking ruined my mother's health and appearance and marriage before she was 40. I would never touch tobacco. I hate seeing young people smoking tobacco, and I would never date a smoker.

• Never have, never will, I never liked smoking.

• I smoked 15-30 , then quit. Never reverted.

• Never have, never will.

• I voted B. Smoking is disgusting.

• It's something that doesn't have anything interesting to it.
    Putting something in the mouth and make smoke... silly and with no beneficts.

• I have not and I don't feel like dying sooner

• I smoke a few cigarettes and cigars a year.

• That's right wise one. Don't smoke ever

• Never smoked cigarettes. Tried out weed twice though.

• I've never smoked before and I never will.

• i'll smoke 2-3 a day.. usually one in the morning and one at night.

pack lasts me a week.

• Don't ever start. I quit smoking 27 years ago. Hardest thing I've ever done. Next to the LSAT.

• I smoke and I like it. But please, DONT EVER SMOKE CIGARETTES. Although I enjoy them, I know I would be happier without them. Anybody is better off not even trying them. you slowly get addicted. Longer you do it, harder it is to quit.

• Never have and never will.

• I tried it when I was in high school, found it boring.
    Dont see the need to.

• have done but not a dumb cunt who smokes regularly lelelel

• More from Guys
    9

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 34

• I used to smoke once in a while when I was about 16.. maaaan I was stupid LOL, But it was never a habit and I stopped after a while. My parents dealt with it real well, they didn't yell at me or anything, they just let me experience it for some time and that's all.

• @noisette91 For your brother, you could try to get him to get a good quality e-cig. http://www.kangeronline.com/ I switched from almost a decade of cigs to an e-cig at 19. Then smoked for a couple years, then been back on e-cigs for 3 years.

• @Rawrzz Those things actually work? thank you ^^ I'll tell him

• They work very well. Tastes better--all kinds of flavors like deserts, fruits, foods, candy--water vapor is a lot less damaging to your lungs--can breathe fine, no tar, and they are profoundly cheap in contrast to cigs. I spent $200 a month on cigs, now I spend around $25. Nicotine is the biggest addiction to cigarettes, so switching isn't hard, if you want to. There's still withdrawal from some of the other 4,000 chemicals in cigs, but an e-cig makes it pretty negligible. I did 1 cig in the morning, 1 after lunch, 1 at night then just dropped 1 cig per day every week, using the e-cig inbetween. Worked for me. I smoked half a pack to a pack a day.

There haven't been any long-term studies done on them, but everything points to them being 5,000 times healthier than cigarettes. Breathing becomes significantly easier, too. Propelyne glycol is used in food and with smoke machines for plays and such. And nicotine is a carcinogen, but better 1 than 40-75.

Hope your bro can kick the cigs.

• Never smoked and never will.

• I haven't smoked and won't.

• Nope, I can't stand cigarettes.

• Nah, I hate smoking.

• I have smoked one cigarette in my life :P It's not really my thing... I guess I'd be cool with smoking just the one sometime but I'm not interested in picking it up as a habit.

• Nope and never will.

• I'm a smoker, howeverI'm cutting down right now, so it will be easier to stop completely. Taking a cold turkey didn't work the last couple of times.

• I promised myself when I was 6 that I would NEVER smoke, and I will keep that promise if it's the last thing I do. I grew up watching my father go through cancer. I will not put my children through that trauma.

• Nope and nope.

• I have taken a "drag" when I was in high school. But I never touched cigarettes ever again after that.

• I don't see the appeal.

• No I would never smoke.. I never have and never will. Only dumb people do that

• Grandfather died of lung cancer after lifetime of smoking. Last 15 years of his life were a huge struggle, no thanks!

• I have never smoked. I know what the consequences are and honestly smoking doesn't appeal to me. I don't drink either.

• I used to smoke when I was in HS and college. My friends all smoked so it was just a social thing especially at parties. I hate it now. I don't mind if someone smokes around me but I don't like doing it.

• I've smoked two cigarettes at a party, won't do it again.
    I didn't think I'd ever do it either, but in that moment I decided I wanted to try, just to see how it was. It wasn't that bad, but not good either. I'll never smoke again, and people think it smells awful.

• I did for many years and then quit over 10 years ago. Now I wonder how I ever did it... it's so nasty. When I smell it on another person it disgusts me. I can't believe anyone who didn't smoke dated me now.

• Never smoked and I never will. I like not having a crippling addiction, asthma, yellow teeth, high risk of lung cancer, and all of those other health risks.

• I used to be a "social smoker" only...
    More menthol + Dunhill Chilled + Dunhill Frosted.
    My last packet of cigarettes cost me $27.50 aud... I kid you not.

• I never have and I never will. They are terrible for your health never mind the issue of being addicted to something like that. There are zero pros to smoking. I do not find it attractive. I would not date someone who smokes.

• I smoke when I'm stressed, then quit when it fades. I don't seem to get addicted the way most people do, so it isn't an issue for me.

• nope and nope

• Not even once. I wanna have healthy children.

• I tried cigarettes in my teens & found no appeal in it.

• No I do not.

• No way, never.

• Dont, my chest was sore for 5months even after quitting.

• I wanted to try it, I mean why not right? We're all gonna die eventually. Lol

• I listed a lot of reasons why I wouldn't like to. Your argument of we're all gunna die eventually is invalid because the changes of you dying faster is high. Wouldn't you like to live a longer healthier life?

• Not really, what's the point of living loner when everyone hates each other and the world is always at war?

• No those are nasty

• More from Girls
    4