How do you react when you're mad?

I don't get "mad mad" easily, but when I do, it's not pretty. I lose my temper, my whole body starts shaking, and I basically just blurt hurtful things out that come to my head which I regret later.. it's like I have no control because everything around me seems black and after, I forget what exactly I said.
^ that's only when I'm VERY mad which has happened like 4-5 times in my life so not often
but even when I'm just mad, I say hurtful things that I regret and get impatient really fast... I don't know how to control it :/

Most Helpful Guy

• I have not had a red haze rage since I was 16 years old.
    It took two prefects and a teacher to pull me off the boy I was strangling as I shouted "he has to die" over and over.
    He had it coming.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't get mad often. 95% of the time I'm just chilling and living life. But when I do get mad... I either unleash my sharp tongue. And whomever is near will get the wrath of it. Or I throw things at the wall 😝😝

• LOL I can't even imagine what you'd look like mad :P

• I don't even have a reason to hate him, really 😁. I mean he's kinda a bitch (by hockey standards... Don't beat me up 🙊). And I was an ovechkin fan when he was way more relevant. He's still good, but he always chokes 🙄. Yeah, but it was a while ago! And you guys are so far away from me!!!

Wow, that's some worldstar shit right there 😂. Is it bad that I was routing for the red woman to get knocked out? 😂 Like, I just wanted to see someone get ray riced and she was the most deserving. I also wanna know how that ended 😁

• Because your so warm and bubbly seeing you mad is difficult to imagine, and painful, it'll break my heart to see you mad, lmao!!!

What Guys Said 16

• When I get very angry, I can get loud and very impatient but I'm still very rational and calculated. I do swear when I'm really angry (usually I don't) but I don't say hurtful things. I still choose my words very carefully. My girlfriend is more like you. When she's really angry, she just says a bunch of things that she doesn't really mean. It really annoys me when people do that. I don't understand why people can't control themselves. I get it, you're angry, but you can still choose to not say something that you'll later regret. I find that kind of uncontrolled temper a little immature.

• Just upset mad, i raise my voice a bit and argue points meant to decimate my opponent in more aspects than the original reason.
    If im mad mad, i just go quiet, in most cases I walk away.

• I never really get MAD, just annoyed.
    When I'm annoyed I sometimes talk with more emphasis, and I typically will tell someone about how unreasonable my situation is.

I will also find it harder to smile sometimes.

• I generally have a quick intense flash of anger and then I just simmer down slowly while thinking it all out and seeing why it is dumb to be angry right now to get back under control.

• I tend to get very quiet and calm. That's when I'm most dangerous. If I raise my voice I haven't passed the threshold of true anger yet.

The only times I've been even a little mad in over a year were when people I was supervising did stupid, unsafe chit at work. I wanted to scream and throw things; instead I told the offender to step away from what they were doing, I'd deal with them in a minute, and then I walked away til I cooled off.

• Onky a few things get my blood boiling. Only a few times I've thought of punching a wall. Otherwise I'm a chill dude like 98% of the time.

• I get your regrets but if your a person with good personality in general and not just plain nasty i think most people recognise that and try to help rather than condemn

• At work we have a punching bag to vent on when people get angry. The same goes for the home... punching bags are great. They save a whole lot of time sitting in an emergency room or patching holes in the wall.

• I've been known to break things. Sometimes objects, sometimes bones.

• I scorch the muthafuckin earth!

• I start chuckling to myself...

• Headbutt stuff baha

• I grumble!

• I get violent and throw shit.

• A massive hostile sneer, punch things, shout to myself, swear.

• Typically I just walk off. I grew up being the stronger kid. You learn self-control. If it gets too far, which hasn't really happened a lot, I suppose I might get violent. That has happened twice in 25 years.

What Girls Said 15

• If I'm next level angry, I shout very very loud or scream into a pillow and sometimes have an urge to throw something. But I overthink it and walk around searching for something that won't break or make a mess :')
    By the time I've found something I've usually calmed down.

• I get very quiet. Until I absolutely go off the rail and heaven have mercy haha

• It depends on where I'm at. If I'm alone, I curse things out and talk to myself about the situation. If I'm around others, I'll just think through things in my head or try to distract myself.

• I don't get mad easily. It's probably why when I do get mad, at that moment I'm so nervous and in shock. I purposely blank out and don't say anything because I know I'll yell or cry. I have allowed myself only a few times to lose my temper just like you described and I basically totally HULK OUT.

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" - David Banner

• wet anger: if i care too much then i cry, get frustrated and walk away
    dry anger: cut the bullshit and say exactly how i feel, doesn't matter how mean it is.

• It's hard to make me mad.
    Only my family members have power over those weak spots that make me mad and usually they try not to touch those spots.

• I have two different reactions:
    1. I talk less than usual for a couple days, try to hint that something's off, and then I finally I confront the person if he/she doesn't get it.
    2. (only used on family members) I yell/scream/cry and then calm down fifteen minutes later. :P

• I have three modes of "mad"
    Silent seething anger + the immediate walkout + the crazy screaming demon.

• I get very irrational and incredibly stubborn. I'm not trying to hear the person anymore. I say some pretty reckless shit.

• I get really quiet and keep it in.
    It all comes out sooner or later though haha

• I try my best to stay silent.

• Pretty much the same as you

• I lose my temper really easily but that's don't last long. I yell, broker things and then I cry (not always).

• I yell then it turns to tears

• I rarely get mad but when I do... I... well... I sort of lose it.
    I don't even remember the things I did during it.
    It's really bad.