Should people say "thank you" when they get the MHO?

Most Helpful Guy

• I always do if they are selected in less than a month, because I know the Asker selected it. But if it is a month (or more) then the machine picked it and I do not thank machines.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's necessary. Yeah it's cool and all but it's nothing life changing. I don't expect people to say thanks to me when I give them MHO. But that's just me.

What Guys Said 23

• They should. I usually do if the asker actually selects mine, but not if it's auto-selected after 30 days.

• www.court-records.net/.../miles-shrug(d).gif

Nope, it's usually not that big of a deal since most of the time, MHOs are given out to the opinion that agrees with the OP. I tend to thank the OP about receiving MHOs based given how much thought and effort I put in.

• Yes if it is selected before a month is over it is only polite to.

• I did thank you! :P

• The ones I have got have been conversations I have all but forgotten. They are over. I figure I helped in some way to get MHO anyway.

• yes, if the user picked your answer and it wasn't picked by the system (which i think happens after 30 days i think). You dont have to but its polite

• I do but not for the system ones.

• I never do and don't care if people I've selected as MHO do.

• Yes they should. It's a good reward on here

• No, because I don't get the notification.
    And my opinion is the most helpful in every question, so it should be expected that I get MHO anyway.

• I do most of the times... Like at least 98% of the times

• Not as a rule because they aren't asking but its polite i suppose

• yep, I always do that

• shows acknowledgement.

• Thank you for asking this question! =)

• Yes, it a polite think to do. I always thank asker for MHGO :D.

• Make this MH and see what happens.

• never

• If my advise helped them I just say "I'm glad I could be helpful." I won't say "Thank you." - thanking for selecting my opinion as helpful is weird. I'm not here for MHO %. So no point in thanking. But I feel happy whenever they choose mine as helpful so I express that by saying that I'm glad.

• Wait, you're supposed to do that? WHOOPS O_o

• They can if they want to , there is no "should"

• Maybe something more along the lines of "You're welcome"?

• Given that you're the one who gets extra points for being selected, I think "thank you" is better suited.

• The way I see it someone has a problem. The person receiving MHO is the one who most contributed to solving that problem. Investing their time to help someone. It makes no sense that the person who helped the other should be the grateful one.

What Girls Said 14

• I should probably do that more... 😅 For the ones that weren't automatically selected at least.

They should do as they like. I mean, it's nice to say a quick "thanks", but I don't think it's expected or a big deal.

• I always say "Thank You" Only if it's been selected by the asker. It's an automatic reaction for me to thank the asker. I'd find it rude not to. It shows I appreciate it and don't just take it for granted

• I do it for the people who took the time to read through all the responses and picked mine. It's a courtesy to say. If it's more then a month and the machine picked it that forget about it. I ain't gonna say shit.

• I'll say thank you if you give me mho 😁

• I never do because I don't like bothering the person that answered the question, because they'll think it's an important notification they're getting from someone else, meanwhile it's a stupid MHO.

• I usually don't because I don't want to annoy the QA by giving them unecessary notifications.

• Probably because they get point for getting MH

• Sometimes I say, sometimes no.
    Depends on my mood.

• I always do, but only when the asker is the one who chooses me. not the automatically chosen MHOs..

• Not really. If they want to, I guess

• No, it annoys me to get the notification.

• just being polite doesn't hurt anybody, i guess

• Yes, it's good gesture.

• Thank you ;)