Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• www.personaltrainerdoha.com/.../...People-know.png

Failure is part of life. It's how we grow. We will make mistakes in life and that's okay. Just keep your chin up and keep pushing. Follow your passion and capture your dream. The only life we know for sure we have is this one. Make it worthwhile and die with as few regrets as possible.

What Girls Said 8

• Never attempting something is way worse than failure.

When people buy lottery tickets, but don't win the jackpot, they technically fail... but at least they had a chance to win.

• Never attempt it.
    Fail is just another step to the victory. It makes us stronger and wiser.

• To me, it is always worse to never attempt it, which is why I am not scared to fail.

• Never attempt it. But then that could be wrong for something like taking your life...

• I'd rather fail

• It is much worse to have never tried.

• 0|1
  • I'd rather never attempt it. But then again, I also consider that a huge problem.
    *sigh*
    Don't listen to me.

What Guys Said 21

• For me, I'd say failing is worse because you invested time with the intention of achieving something only to not get. Time is finite so once you invest it in something you can't get it back. you're also investing a lot of emotional energy and it's crushing to fail.

So I would rather not try and invest my time in something that has better odds of yielding the results I want.

• Depends on what it is. Specifically, the consequences of failure and how willing you are to accept those consequences. I'll accept failure that will kill me, but not failure that will leave me crippled, for example.

• Definitely fail - You would spend rest of your life going "What If?"

• failing is worse. You need to keep up your self-esteem and believe that you can succeed in things. When you have another chance on something similar to what you'd missed out on later, you might think 'Hey, now I know what I have to do in such situations' and thus saved yourself a damaging experience for your self-esteem.

• Life is too short not to take risks. Failing to try is much, much, worse than failing itself!

• Depends what it is...

You definitely don't want to try and fail at something like skydiving, cliff diving, or bungy jumping... basically you just don't wanna fail when heights are involved.

• Literally everything we do is forgotten at some point, so even if you fail miserably and are humiliated as result, no one will remember. I doubt anyone here knows about that one time when their grandfather drove in to a tree back when he was 22. The same way no one will remember your blunders in the future.

• To fail

• If you don't attempt, you've already failed.

• Never attempting it is worse.

• Would you rather throw a ball or get sacked before throwing it, duh

• Depends on what you are failing at.
    I wouldn't want to fail at sky diving for example.

• Never attempt it. Never attempting is failure to begin with.

• It's worse to never attempt, because then you will never know if you will be able to do it.

• To never attempt. Failure is neither good or bad but it's what happens afterwards that makes the difference. How many times did you try to walk, write, speak, even to feed yourself or tie your shoes. In these basics there's a multitude of failure. Even to cross the road, if you never attempted anything you never know what you could have achieved. A regret usually lasts longer than a failed attempt.

• To fail at something because at least you tried and have a a chance at take a swing at it again.

• Never give up on yourself or you will regret it

• Never attempt it

• So much better to try and fail with most things in life.

• Not attempting leads to regret.

• It's worse to never attempt in first place.
    Source: First hand experience.