When/at what age do you think you personally "grew up"?

• 14 and younger
  • 15-17
  • 18-22
  • 23-30
  • 30s+
  • Still haven't

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not ready to grow up yet, I've got a whole life of being a boring middle aged man ahead of me, might as well have fun while I'm young

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• I would say that it started at 19 when I moved out of my parents house and had to fend for and take care of myself. But it probably wasn't until about 22 that I fully grew up in a number of important ways. I realize that I didn't have much of a role model or mentor to help me navigate those years, and I had to figure a lot out on my own. And there was no WWW back in those days. Hell, I didn't even own a computer until I was almost 22.

• First day in bootcamp. USMC. October 24th 2011. Was 17 years old.

• What was it like?

• @teawrecks that's what my dads says too "Once a marine, always a marine."

• @teawrecks Yeah the gas chamber is still apart of the training. I didn't think it was the bad to be honest. The reason it was hell for most is because their heart rate sky rocket and they were having anxiety attacks. When you start breathing through my gas mask all sloppy and fast it will seep into and get in your eyes more. Then they freak out even more and it's just downward spiral from there. Motherfckers were banging on the door trying to get out lmfao. I was just sitting in the back thinking hey dude just breathe through the mask.. it's all good! When you get out is what you start coughing up your lungs. Not a fun experience but not the worst thing in the world. The guys that would freak out would make it 10x worse. Plus the drill instructors ALWAYS say the following "You fucking recruits have been pissing us off lately.. we're going to increase the potency and double it up just to teach you shitheads a lesson" Of course we all believe it lmfao. Getting tased is shitty too.

• Early 40s for me, I felt maturer but as others have said it is a continuing process.

• Honestly, there are times i act maturw and adult like but there's also times i still have my kid at heart tendencies lol, like recently i bought a bluetooth super nintendo controller so i can play snes games on my phone

• September 16, 1997. My 2nd day at MCRD, San Diego. I was 18.

I was responsible and mature for my age before that, but that's what I guess you could call a defining moment.

• Was about to lay down MCRD as well brotha. Lol. 20111024 . India Co. PLT 3021

• @Fearless_banana

I remember my DI's but not the gunny or CO. Wouldn't surprise me if I had that stuff written down somewhere. Letters home from boot camp or some shut. I think my mom still has a lot of the letters I wrote.

Warmbur was our senior. He was only a Sgt, unlike most of the other seniors. The one I'll never forget though was this Asian guy, Deleonguerrero. I will have his face burned into my memory until the day I die, and I can still hear his voice almost 20 years later. I didn't care about being called names, it goes with being in boot camp. Right up until the first time he called us 'sweethearts'. Oh how I fuckin HATED that. I'd have done almost anything, killed anyone on the planet except my family and friends, just to not be called sweethearts.

• Lmfao. Yeah I still got my letters. Surprised a SGT was your senior. My senior was actually a gunny.

• It's a constant thing for me. I'm always growing up and wanting new things. We grow up until we die.

• Definitely when I turned 23 and now im moving out of my parents home, because now im mature enough to make out on my own and become a man

• after the age of 15

• 18-22. That's the age where I felt I was beginning to find myself.

• In December 2014 at 17 years old. I was way more mature than I was two years before that point. One day I realized that after my last year in high school I would not have to deal with a toxic environment like it anymore and that chapter of my life was nearing a close.

• British Army service back in 1989 as an 18yr old. @Fearless_banana , yep went through similar to yourself , then on to P Company ( Para ) , then deployed to the Gulf. That makes you grow up fast !! Semper Fi FB !!

• i grew up in my early twenties then i matured and grew down in my mid twenties.

• If you mean grew up like no longer a little kid then like 13-14

• Hmmm... I'll let you know when that day comes :p

• I've 'grown old' and had to do adulting by the time I was a teenager - but just ask my better half - I have not grown UP at all!

• around 16 I guess

• 2014
    I was 16

• When I went abroad and lived in Europe, and had my first internship

• The day I became a libertarian

What Girls Said 12

• I grew up a lot when I was 15 and in hospital for almost a year. Likewise for when I started dating my current boyfriend, and had to learn how to deal with various difficulties with him as well as myself that arose. I think that my quite recent experience of having a seizure following unfaithfulness on his end lead to a lot of 'growing up' on my part, as I had to pretty seriously consider my own future and whether I'd want him in it or not.

(obviously I don't see growing up as something age dependent. I know many people who are almost 30 and with maturity levels fit for a preteen. Growing up is something reached through experiences, not aging.)

• I am really growing up right this minute

• Many people told me when I was 15 (by people I mean 18+) that I am very mature for my age and I should relax and enjoy my childhood till it lasts.
    I agree with them, I started to be unusually mature at that age.

• I don't think I have yet lmfao

• 19-20. I was finally forced to confront my anxiety and get a formal diagnosis. With that, I was able to get therapy to help me.

• Im still groing up 😂

When does that ever stop happening tbh?

I think its always a work in progress 😎

• Vote F. A huge part of me still hasn't.

• I grew up when I was 18 and moved out of the house.

• As in mentally? At this age. People tell me I am mature for my age.

• Maturity: 9
    Personality: NEVER

• Nine.

...

• There will always be an inner child inside me, but i know how to be responsable but once in a while the child in me comes out, i still don't think i'm fully there yet.