Should Students Should Be Allowed To Chew Gum Durring Class?

Should Students Should Be Allowed To Chew Gum Durring Class?I've had some teachers allow their students to chew gum and others who haven't. In my opinion, kids SHOULD be allowed to chew gum in class. As someone who bites their nails, gum is something that helps me to quit. However, this is only successful over the summer break because as soon as I'm back at school, my teachers tell me to spit it out resulting in me biting my nails again. Another advantage to having gum is that gum can help with memory. For example, if you chew peppermint gum while studying, and the. chew it while you're taking your test, it usually helps you remember what you studied. At some high schools, during tests they allow you to chew gum, but do you think that kids of all ages should be allowed to chew gum during tests throughout the year? I know that gum does end up on the bottom of desks but you can always have classes clean up every week or even hire students and/or volunteers. What do you think, should gum be allowed in all classes?

Sorry about the typo in the title. I wrote this question on my phone. :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at any camp that I have been to. It is distracting and it would get all over the carpet and the desks a whole lot more and the computers would be stuffed with it. As it is they can't even throw it away at lunch much less throw it away during class. I have never seen it help a student learn so I have to go with no it should not be.

• It might not help you learn but it helps me with stress and bad habits so for me as a student it's worth it, but then again, I'm not the kind of person who puts gum anywhere but the trash. Thanks for the opinion. :)

• Thank you. :)

• Your welcome

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't allow it because students leave wrappers and gum everywhere and even put it on each other. And I teach high school.

• I know that teachers have valid reasons and there are students who do those things but would you consider having certain people loosing their "gum privlages" when they misuse gum instead of not letting anyone have gum?

• I probably would feel differently as a student, too, but I have on average 30 kids in a room. Policing gum isn't necessarily high on the priority list.

• Most of my classes have about 15 students so for my teachers I think that gum would be a little easier to control.

What Guys Said 2

• I dont mind but if they stick it under the desk or chair then they can clean every damn chair in the school.

• Yes, there should be a punishment for that. I've had teachers just sit and watch students stick gum under their desk. :(

• Yes I wish it was allowed

What Girls Said 1

• I would let my students chew gum as long as they knew how to do it properly

• When you say properly do you mean not chewing it obnoxiously or not sticking it under their desk?

• lmao both, but honestly I chew gum anyways I can't focus without it.

• It does help me a lot and I use it as a tool rather than something that is fun. I find it helps me deal with stress.