Girls, do you think being on your period is an excuse to act shitty?

or do you blame your period for the fact that you do act shitty?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 13

• I don't know. Most of the Japanese and European women I dated (including my wife) don't seem to have such mood swings on their periods. One of the girls I dated in the U. S. did.

So that seems to imply to me that having a mood swing is either a cultural thing (in which case some women might be conditioned to believe a mood swing is an excuse to get belligerent) or maybe there's a genetic difference there. I'm inclined to think it might be more cultural.

• Personally, I'm inclined to believe it's the crappy American diet. That artificial stuff wrecks our hormones (not just the reproductive ones) and messes with our brains. Having lived in both Japan and the US, I noticed a difference in myself (more placid) while in Japan.

• @edibor Oh I see -- that's a very interesting take on it.

• @edibor Diet is something I never even considered -- really interesting!

• They say that they are aloud to act shitty wjen they are on theirnperiods but i think its a load of bs
    I've broken a bunch of bones, got half my ear cut off and sown back on, have had a double hernia, suffer from migraines due to lack of sleep thanks to my sleeping disorder, have gotten hit in the balls so hard that they were bruised and swollen for a whole months, and have gotten a piece of my testicle removed, and taken all the skin off my hands knees and a big portion of my stomach during a longboarding accident... trust me... they were all painfull... but i didn't act like a dick during any of them...

• Nope its not happening In my hood

• it´s not an excuse XD but i do consider it, if she´s moody or aggressive. we all have state of minds, where we can´t be our best.

• I 100% believe that some women use it as an excuse to be totally jerks and or make stupid decisions or go off on you verbally

• Women actually have that right. Especially when in pain because it alters your mind when sick.

• Yes, and it's a good excuse.

Girls can go troll mode during this time and get away with it.

• No it's not a good excuse for you to act shitty

• Lmao gon trigger deez nerds lyk that

• Hell no

• i have never met a woman who was grumpy on her period.

• It is not a excuse, it can be controlled.

• not at all

What Girls Said 12

• It affects One's moods.
    However, with this "Friend" and during this 'Period,' it is always good to Control... One's Moods.
    I read one time that Many crimes are committed the most when a woman is having her Not so Nice Friend.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• I acknowledge that the pain and discomfort that comes with it puts me in a bad mood, but I realize that I'm in a bad mood and take control of it. It's not an excuse for me to get angry at people, it's only a factor in my choosing to let the negative emotions come out. Sure, my body chemistry gets different, but that's not an "excuse" for me to be mean.

• I don't think its an excuse for ME to act shitty; my periods are super bad or anything. The hormones aren't the worst, and yeah there's blood, but oh well.

Other women, it depends. If you have a bad period, bad PMS, cramps, nausea, you have every right to be as irritable as you want. If it's not bad, please don't make such a scene and blame your period

• nope. I don't like it when some girls decides to use period as an excuse to show attitude or be rude.

• Not to act shitty, but to be a bit moody, yeah. I'm very rarely moody on my period, it's usually a few days before that I'm annoyed and irritable so I don't even realize it's my period until it comes haha.

• hmmmm its something beyond my control...

• Nah I'm just a shitty person in general lmao. Don't even get a consistent period at this point thank god. I will blame me not wanting to do thing because of cramps because I cannot move sometimes they're so bad. Ahh womanhood

• Sometimes hormones do make you act crazy, but that is pretty rare.

• I don't think it's an excuse. Every girl gets her period differently. In my case, I get these horrible cramps which literally make me feel like shit, so yea, if I feel like shit I will act shitty.

• No of course not. I tend to be a recluse when I'm on it tho

• sometimes when i fight with my boyfriend yeah lol but im not lying though

• Nope. But I'll need people to be extra nice than usual.