How do you deal with rude customers at your job?

Some guy who apparently thinks he's a God came in to my job and started yelling at me and my co-workers for apparently "needing proper training" and "not knowing what we're doing". Note: We did not insult him back. He had an outburst and kept yelling, screaming, and other customers had to tell him to calm down. In an effort to get him to stop, I said that I was going to call the cops. That's when he became even more agitated and threatened to press charges against me if I called the cops. Like seriously?

Most Helpful Guy

• All you have to do in this situation is remain calm and point to the store cameras making it known that he is being filmed.

People think twice about being dicks when they realise this

Most Helpful Girl

• This is why I quit retail, scumbags like him. I used to be a manager and if someone like that came to the store and started yelling at me Id usually call the cops or get the security on duty to force him out of the store.

he's not God and never will be.

I feel for you, I know what its like dealing with shitty and rude people day in and out. I've been a cashier for 7 years while managing the store at the same time. It won't get better unless you decide that they dont run your life and at the end of the day you dont see them again.

What Guys Said 5

• You just listen to them bitch at you because they're life sucks and are taking their anger out on you, then laugh your ass off when he walks away. I deal with at least one customer that's like that everyday, but it doesn't escalate to the point others get involved. I know how to calm the dumb angry customers down.

• The best thing you can do is call security or cops, he needed to be sedated or something that's not normal.

• I have dealt with other rude customers before, but I have never seen anything like this before!

• You just suck it up and act professionally, unfortunately that's what you have to do if you want to keep your job.

• Welcome to retail

• He can't press charges. HE'S abusing YOU! Idiots think they can abuse employees. You don't have to stand for that. Discuss this with your boss. Perhaps you can have him banned, if he comes back.

What Girls Said 0