What usually causes someone to end up in your Friend zone?

Which of these reasons is your typical reason for why someone ends up in your friend zone?

What usually causes someone to end up in your Friend zone?

• I Don't find them physically attractive
    52% (15)54% (7)52% (22)Vote
  • They don't flirt with me... treating me like a friend not a potential lover
    10% (3)31% (4)17% (7)Vote
  • Their personality is awkward
    7% (2)0% (0)5% (2)Vote
  • They remind me of an ex and/or family member and/or friend and it would be too weird
    7% (2)0% (0)5% (2)Vote
  • They are too available.. don't give me a chance to miss them
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • Cause i usually got the hots for someone else
    10% (3)8% (1)10% (4)Vote
  • Another reason (please say)
    14% (4)7% (1)11% (5)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
18|4

Most Helpful Girl

• Something about them made me realize we're not compatible.

Most commonly it's their personality or their belief/view on something.
    That's not a bad thing, just couldn't see the 2 of us long term.

I've had a few put themselves in the friend zone. Once they're in their, of their own choice, they don't get out.

Now, I have had 1 who got out of the zone. Then, put himself back in because of the distance between us. He couldn't do an LDR.

Then there are the few guy friends I have that are complete players. Automatically friend zoned because I don't play those games.

They're never in there "just because". There are legitimate reasons.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 17

• I'm sapieosexual, I'm attracted to intellect as personality before anything else. I won't find someone physically attractive until after I find then intellectually attractive. That said, my answer is A. But I seem the same traits inn my friends as my lovers, and I prefer friendship before romance.

0|0
    0|0
  • - They aren't my type
    - They don't clearly accept or reject my advances
    - They make NO advances on me whatsoever, even in return to mine
    - They show no clear interest in general

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it's because either:
    A.) I'm not available.
    B.) I'm not romantically interested in them at all.
    C.) I don't want a relationship or anything more than friendship.

0|0
    0|0
    • B. What would make you not romantically interested in someone?
      C. Why wouldn't you want anything more?

• For B:
      May not have similar interests or click with me, may not find them attractive, may not see myself being with the person, or I may not like their whole self.
      For c:
      Priorities mainly. Like in school or work, my priority is learning or working. I'm not interested in dating or looking for someone to date in those environments.

• I feel like there is only a friendship there. So nothing more nothing less. I usually have everyone in the friendship "zone" and depending on my martial status I'd seek a romantically relationship IF I feel like there's a spark/connection. It's been pretty much nothing further then a friendship. Just because I felt like there was nothing there. I guess the thought of them in a romantic sense creeps me out to 🙈

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not single. That's legit the #1 reason. I haven't been single a lot these last 3 years, so, that's the number one reason I turn people down and don't go farther with male friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either I'm into someone else or I don't find their personality compatible enough with mine to consider a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Please refrain from tagging loads of members in your question.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly its A or C.. or just because I don't want to date anyway

0|0
    0|0
  • Either they're not physically attractive, I'm just not into their personality, or I'm crushing on someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • To me when I am not attracted to him physically, plus the sucks personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't click with them and don't find them physically attractive enough to date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not ready or not attracted to them :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly? It's because I can't ever tell if they're interested or not. And they never tell me lol

0|0
    0|0
    • She deserves mho. Guys in the zone hang around hoping that she will initiate the "I like you speech" but a guy needs to be direct and just come out with it. Some of my female friends admitted to liking me but didn't know where I stood.

• It all boils down to physical attraction for some people.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't show any romantic interest. They treat me like a pal. SO to me, that's fine but I will move them to a platonic relationship status. Nothing wrong with that, either.

0|0
    0|0
    • So what if they suddenly do show romantic interest later? Is it too late?

• If I'm still single and interested in dating, then it's not too late.

• There is no chemistry from the get go

0|0
    0|0
  • A combination of A-C.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I have never friendzoned someone.

If I was to do so these would be potential reasons:

-physically unnatractive
    -unnatractive sexual history
    -has a personality that is only tolerable in small doses
    -I am already interested in someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a problem where I friend zone everyone. I have problems with intimacy that I'm working out..

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like them psychically then yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • they're suited to be a friend most

0|0
    0|0