Why is this guy doing this?

I met this guy at the park the other day. He wanted my phone number, I politely declined. Before that day, I had never seen him in my life. Now, I see him on a regular basis. I've seen him a total of 5 times. The first 2 times all he did was stop in his tracks and stare at me. The 3rd time, he saw me walking with my Dad gave a smile and kept walking. The 4th time he saw me, he got extremely happy and said "Hi Gorgeous". The last time (yesterday) he said,
"Hi Sexy, Remember me? I met you at the park." he kept smiling while he was walking.
The times he verbally spoke to me I was with my Kid's Dad (in a relationship for 10 years), taking a break trying to work things out.
I found it odd that he decided to verbally speak to me while he sees I'm with the Father of my child. Is he trying to start trouble?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would not say that he is trying to cause trouble as much as I would say that he is simply a moron. Let me put this politely, you are fucking amazingly attractive. Even the personality and confidence you exhibit on this website. So being around you probably makes this guy act erratically because of the testosterone, and hoping that you will date him.

• For a solution, I would suggest explicitly telling him that you are not interested and to stop pursuing you otherwise you will tell police. Some people just need to be told bluntly.

However, what you said about walking home to your apartment frightens me. He may know where you live. I am not sure how you feel about firearms, but you may want to consider purchasing or at least borrowing one if you do not already possess one.

Thank you for the MHO! I really appreciate it! Hope I marry a girl like you 😘

Most Helpful Girl

• tell the dad of your kids about it and maybe go to another park? or at a different time
    he sounds like trouble

• I told him the day I met him at the park.
      The thing is, I see him when I am walking to my apartment. I haven't been to the park since.

• :/ just be careful he might be following you

What Guys Said 10

• He likes you but he doesn't have a clue on how to treat or interact with women.

And by the sounds of it, he also doesn't seem like he doesn't really have a lot going on in his life either.

If I were you then I would stay far away from him and if he ends up in places where its obvious that he is tracking you down then I would get the police involved.

I wouldn't suggest letting him know that he is creeping you out because how it sounds, he probably won't even care or believe what you are saying anyways.

• I would go to a new park or at different times/days. That's very creepy to me. Might not be all there? lol Don't go alone anymore either.

• I've seen him all of these times all while walking home (not at the park).

• Referring to someone you don't know as "sexy" and "gorgeous" is concerning also.

• I don't think he's stalking me , maybe it's just coincidence.

Yeah, calling someone sexy or gorgeous that u don't know doesn't seem right. It seems way too personal.

• Stacy
    I do have a feeling that he is really drawn to you for what ever reason. personally I would start carrying mace or something similar. Untill you know his intentions practice situational awareness at every point in your walk.

• He just fancies you. Dont let people start telling you he's a creep. Some people just dont take hints. Theyre called obtuse.

• no, he can talk to you right? you don't have to talk to him.

• Mybe he's trying to cock block him? showing he's a better man somehow?

• Should I ignore the guy when he says things to me?

• wow lol. well in that case maybe you should just go walking elsewhere.. or keep walking ignoring him and is things do get worse... maybe inform your kids dad?

• There really isn't any where else to walk. I was walking home to my apartment all of the times he saw me. I told the father of my child the day I met him at the park because he seemed very persistent to have my number. The way this guy refers to me makes us seem as if we are involved with each other.
      Yeah, I'll think about ignoring him but I don't know. I mean, it's just a greeting but I know it angers the father of my child. He looks like he wants to kill the guy.

• He's probably retarded, but he clearly likes you. If you don't like him, then just tell him you don't want him.

• tell the father of your child about it... and ignore him!

• I told him the day I met him at the park about him (never thinking I'd see this guy again).
      Is ignoring this guy the right thing to do?
      I have a feeling it may cause even more trouble.

• Since I'll continue to see this guy since he hangs out with guys from my building I'd rather not make things ugly when I've been living a low key life here. I think a greeting is just a greeting , as long as he doesn't cross boundaries by touching. I think he's doing this to test the father of my child. I think he wants to make a rise out of the situation. I won't give him what he wants. I'll just say hi back but never stop to talk to him.

• yeah that's what I thought at first... he is trying to tamper your relationship... just be careful... carry a pepper spray if you do not feel secure enough...

• How in the fuck do you expect him to know who the guy you're walking with is to you?

• It's pretty obvious who the fuck the guy is being that my kid resembles him and I'm getting out his car walking to my apartment both times.

• That wasn't the highlight of the scenario so it was not necessary

• I think it's important to you question that the guy knows who the father of your child is. Which he doesn't. He doesn't have to make assumptions on your behalf, and the father of your child never even declared who he was to the man.

The only way it might be obvious that your child is the fathers child is if the father is black, and you're white or something.

So assuming he doesn't know who the father of your child is, he's just trying his luck. And even if he did somehow have innate knowledge of your relationships with other people, he's still entitled to say what he wants. He's not causing any harm. Until such times as he does cause harm, stop being a nazi.

• lol seems like trubble

What Girls Said 1

• That's kinda creepy