What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?

I know this might be experienced by a lot of people but my sense of humour is often misunderstood as sarcasm and as insults. And also I could say my silence is often misunderstood negatively, unlike others like to be silent even if I have no problem with the other person.

I would like to hear from you guys.

Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• People think im a nutcase. Not in the mentally sense but in the sense that i would kill somebody or be in fights all the time and into crime. I look like a guy you'd see in a mugshot or on crimewatch but i'm quite easy going. Women are the worst. Theyve judged you from a hundred feet away. They make me nervous not the other way around

Most Helpful Girl

• That the fact I don't trust them is not necessarily anything personal: I don't trust anyone due to having my trust betrayed so much - Family members, people who I thought were my true friends, a guy I thought loved me - even teachers have lied to me about stuff!

I have different levels of trust but don't trust anyone fully. Nothing personal. I am like it with everyone.

What Guys Said 19

• People always think that I'm angry or sad because of my facial expressions when in reality it's just my neutral face when I'm not smiling.

• Not sure but some might think I'm gay because I never approach girls. I'm just shy and afraid of failure and embarrassment. Best for me to just stay away from girls to avoid trouble.

• My friends always say they can't tell if I'm joking, serious or sarcastic. I think I sound joking but apparently they can't tell the difference.

• People thought I was upperclass in Secondary school because I tried to talk properly, which is funny since I was probably one of the poorest students.

• I have the same problem as you. Not many people get my sense of humor so sometimes, people think that I'm being serious when I was just fucking around.

• People often times, before they know me, think I'm depressed.

• People Always think I am a cocky sociopath but little do they know about my insecurity of not having my 103989847483839293910110.19th ab pop up that often

• As soon as I mention my achievements in academics, many people tend to think I have a crystal ball at home.

• Some people wonder if I'm gay. Had that one a couple times.

That I'm an antisocial prick. I just enjoy me time ya know.

• Why do they think you're gay?

• @OhioNativeForLife
      Lack of interest when it comes to talk about girls in an objectifying fashion. Can be a bit on the flamboyant side.

• I'm a player :P

• Im not really sure, maybe because I dont really care what they think about me or if they like me. They can go fuck themselves.

• People misunderstand my directness for disrespect, I find it meaningful to tell people your thoughts and stimulate honest conversation to grow closer, even if it means hearing things you're not used to.

• I have a problem to know when to keep quite. I speak my mind and sometimes before I think. and also I speak my mind what I think, I do not beat around the bush, I speak straight.

• Well people always misunderstood me.

• people think I'm fat but little do they know wtf a dirty bulk is

• I just want to be a regular human for one lifetime.

• People think im high even though im not, the struggle...

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• my ethnicity because am mixed and people are always... what are you? --_--
    me too my silence is often misunderstood because i can't keep on talking all day lol

• I have been through some really traumatic experiences and people assume I have a really positive attitude about life because I have overcome those things. But really I have a hard time not being negative about life and I have a lot of anxiety and bad thoughts. People think I am so positive though.

• Yeah, I'm kind of like you. People mistake my humor for me being serious.

• That i'm stuck up, full of myself, and don't like white people, that is until they get to know me then they are very surprised haha.

• That when people see me or meet me, they automatically assume I'm a bitch and that I'm high maintenance :)

• People just take my jokes up the ass and get offended by my laid back personality... sensitive people anyway

• Just because I'm shy around you at first, doesn't mean I will always be like that was around you.