Is there any difference between allowing transgender or people with sever diabetes to serve in the army? (Read details before answering)?

A person with sever diabetes needs daily insulin injections or his body will turn against him.

A transgender needs hormone shots or the body turns against the transgender.

So, if they are in war with limited resources their body will not allow them to fight efficiently after a while. Then if they are captured its only a matter of time till they either are suffering so much t hat the enemy can break them for secrets or they will die. It doesn't seem smart to allow people who have a dependency on something besides basic needs to be in combat.

• Completely agree
  • Partially agree
  • partially disagree
  • Completely disagree

Most Helpful Girl

• It's funny, I'm transgender and I have severe diabetes. You misunderstood the function of hormones a little, but you actually misunderstood the function of diabetes a lot. While the type 1 diabetic does probably need daily insulin injections, missing insulin for a few days isn't a big deal. High blood sugars take their toll over a period of weeks or months, as the sugar begins to build up around parts of the body, like in the eyes or the bladder, or the liver produces ketones (which are very dangerous!).

If someone with type one diabetes misses their insulin for a few days, it's not really a big deal. They'll more than likey get it again before any damage is done. If that was the only problem, they'd let us join the military!

The big problem is low blood sugars. If you took insulin with lunch, and then your home base is bombed before dinner, and you can't get food for three days - goodnight! Yr dead! Because in a non-diabetic person the pancreas stops producing the insulin when it doesn't need to, but with a diabetc person, you're the one in charge; you already took the insulin, so it's gonna keep ticking down wether you took it or not!

There's other complications of course, but that's the main one. Diabetes is a condition where death means skipping a meal, and war means a lot of skipped meals.

With trans women, the lack of insulin is kind of like the lack of hormones - if you're not takng your spiro you'll start producing too much testosterone again, you can undo some of your progress. That sucks, but it's not a big deal. But there isn't really an equivalent to hypoglycemia; trans women can skip meals if they have to.

That being said, fuck the U. S. military, fuck the British Army, fuck NATO, fuck the UN. The only army trans women should be joining are communist militias in the hinterlands. Death to capitalism!

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't understand what it means to be a transgender. BY FAR not all transgender undergo a therapy to change their sex. Transgender simply means that your gender identity and your biological sex do not align. Personally, I would never undergo a sex change therapy but I still feel relatively feminine in my gender identity. I don't consider myself a real transgender but perhaps a partial. I know there are lots of real transgenders who consciously choose not to undergo a sex change.

Furthermore, it's a bit absurd to compare the drugs that people with diabetes need to take to drugs that transgender people who undergo a sex change therapy take. If people who suffer from diabetes stop taking their drugs, they are at a risk of dying. If transgender people undergoing a sex change stop taking their drugs, they just stop moving into the other sex (their breasts don't further develop etc.). That doesn't mean they will die.

And thirdly, the military doesn't just consist of the Navy Seals. You might be surprised but the majority of what the army does is paper work. Therefore, I actually wouldn't mind a person with diabetes to be a member of the military. Sure, he wouldn't be able to serve as soldier in a combat situation but that doesn't mean he can't work on an military base, doing a desk job.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not apprised to that kind of information

What Guys Said 2

• I doubt there are armed forces that would even allow people not in peak physical condition to pass the tests, let alone someone will serious condition.

• I voted