If a Swatch watch needs a designer, why don't our human body and the universe need one too?

So my client's 9-year-old boy asked me the above question yesterday. How would you answer if the question was presented to you?
Thanks :- )

Most Helpful Guy

• Id say we already have one, Jehovah, the most artistic and most intelligent designer

What Guys Said 6

• A swatch watch needs a designer becuase we want one sometime this century. The human bidy took millions of years. I'm not paying for a watch that I don't get for millions of years, abd neither should he.

• you see just because we tend to "make" things, that doesn´t logically mean that everything has to be "made" by "someone".

• there is no intelligent design in the universe, everything works due to natural selection and the laws of physics.

• Did you answer him or did you tell him you'd get back to him (after you asked us)?

• I hope you're aware this is a troll question. The old watch question has been around as long as theists have been trying to riducule evolutionary theory. The other one is "what good is half an eye?" Based on the idea that evoluion works gradually, so at some point in evolutionary history there was a creature with only half an eye.

• @Intraluminal I was not aware; thanks.

• If the most accurate watches reproduced with slight variations thrown in, they wouldn't need a designer either.

• i'd punch him in the face

What Girls Said 2

• Chaos theory, give a million monkeys a million typewriters and eventually they would create shakespeare.

• What the hell is a swatch watch?