If someone were to guess your personality based on your taste in music would they most likely be correct?

• Yeah, they would probably be correct
  • No, my taste in music doesn't really match my personality
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends what they get out of/think of the music I listen to. If I had to say, my immediate guess is that they'd get it wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am unsure, but if anyone wants to try I'll give them a list of some of the songs I like atm:

Chicago - Inspiration (my favourite song atm)
    Sum41 - Fatlip, In too deep
    Eminem - Like toy soldiers, When I'm gone, Quitter
    KCI and JoJo - All my life
    Colbie Cailat - I do
    Alison Moyet - Only you
    Boyzone - Words
    Ringo Starr - You always hurt the one you love

I also like listening to Epic rap battles (ERB), my favourite atm is Deadpool VS Boba Fett, followed by James Bond VS Austin Powers, followed by Gordon Ramsay VS Julia Child.

I also like a lot of Nightcore versions of songs though a lot of people I know criticise them.

• Maybe a little bit "preppy" (or perhaps just academically focused)? Comes from a close family. Very easy-going, compassionate, naturally-inclined to help people, perhaps sometimes a "big sister" type, maybe a tad on the sensitive side. Extroverted but spends lots of time alone. Enjoys literature and writing. Might have at least one pet -- leaning towards dogs. Math isn't your favorite subject though you might do well. Has a goofy sense of humor.

• And when I say she loves ice cream, a lot of people love ice cream but I mean far more than usual. Like she has ice cream rituals and wants to get ice cream almost daily after work (like an addiction).

• @ak666 Hey, there might be hope for my comedy career then :D

And I like ice cream more than ice lollies and can appreciate a good ice cream sometimes but my favourite foods tend to change - ice cream used to be my favourite sweet food at one point but now it's probably more like chocolate or iced Chelsea buns.

I have 2 cats like I said and was pretty obsessed with them when I was little.

I do get mood swings but from my behaviours my Dad thinks that could be due to the possibility of me being bipolar like he is.

I'm a bit socially awkward but do enjoy talking to people as long as they're nice, I love hanging out with/talking to them but can sometimes be shy.

What Guys Said 16

• My favorite music is electronic, especially Trance, but I'm not sure what most people think about that kind of music.

• That is a tough one - My tastes goes quite across the range from Classical to EDM, from peaceful relaxing string quartets to floor fillers in a night club.

• I like classical music, jazz, blues, instrumental beats (hip hop) , indie rock, alternative rock, dnb... basically all forms of music except country lol. So I guess yes but... no

• No clue. Let's find out. Ok, Dean Martin type stuff, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins, Gregorian chant, Demon Hunter, punk pop, Baroque, easy listening (Piano Guys, etc), yeah, good luck with that.

• Hmm -- loner, history buff, introverted, all over the place in interests -- wild guess.

• I figured likewise from such a diverse range of music that it'd follow that you take interest in a wide variety of subjects (and hence interests all over the place). And likewise introvert and loner seemed to kind of fit that, because you're probably generating these interests more internally by yourself rather than any kind of social group to which you belong. Playing a musical instrument on/off just was kind of a wild guess, but felt right to me.

And I'm thinking your appreciation for baroque and classical music and Gregorian chant is probably accompanied by a visual type of mindset, where your appreciation for the music goes beyond the music but also kind of transporting you to the setting. Generally such mindsets tend to be imaginative and creative in nature.

• I figured if you do play a musical instrument (probably one of my wildest guesses), it'd be on/off and not like your primary life focus, since hardcore musicians tend to have a narrower or at least more pronounced range of taste.

• People only get the rap part right, based on stereotyping actually.

The rest, not so much. Can you?

• Probably not. It depends on how deeply they delved into my music collection. A lot of people are surprised that I'm a huge fan of Lindsey Stirling, for instance. I don't exactly look like the typical Lindsey fan.

• I'm a post-rock fan, and post-rock seems to mostly attract more introspective people, and I fit that. Yeah.

• I listen to mostly old school r&b and soul music which expresses an appreciation for women, but I am personally a complete dick to them.

• No. Definitely not. I'm a nerdy introvert that's very relaxed. Where as I listen to techno. Punk. Grunge. And country

• yeah maybe.

• I listen to too much of a variety for anyone to guess my personality from it.

• Nope. I'm a metal and industrial music lover, yet I'm a pretty decent man myself.

• Yeah, probably!

• I'm a metalhead, and a close friend of mine has described me to other people as, masculine.

• Vaporwave, but I don't vape or mock capitalism.

• No, because I have multiple personalities.

What Girls Said 18

• I'm not sure; I mean quite possibly. Haven't really asked anyone about my personality and how they see me as. Most of the time I get things like "I'm quiet and shy" but I listen to heavy metal and rap lol. However there are some aspects to my taste in music in which could be right; I listen to both heavy metal AND reggae - My mother has always told me I'm moody and friends have told me that I swing from one extreme to the next (Sometimes I can be quiet; sometimes I can be aggressive) ... I'm just full of surprises and nobody knows how to handle that :P

• Hmmm I dunno. No one has tried.
    I love Radiohead, Jeff Buckely, Ella Fitzgerald (jazz), Fiona Apple, Queen, 90's rock (Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc) and I really like System of a Down, Rammstein, Neo Soul, FKA Twigs, some Lana Del Rey, and a lot more... Maxwell and Frank Ocean are awesome.
    Can anyone explain me?
    images.encyclopediadramatica.se/b/bd/Halp.jpg

• I'm not sure what kind of personality people can get from rock music and soft songs. If they used stereotypes, they might be surprised. I just listen to music that my ears enjoy. It has nothing to do with my personality.

• Well, I like many different genres of music, so their assumptions might be false. They may not realize my taste is pretty eclectic.

• Yes, they would be correct. They would find out I'm a quiet person, who is also romantic but has a dark side.

• Not easy I like lots of different things

• nah i don't think so

• Nope.
    That's not so easy to guess as long as I listen to different kind of music depending on my mood.

• I dunno.

I listen to almost everything.

Take a guess.

• Depends on what they think about my favorite music.

• Yeah I think so. I like sappy old love songs. I think that says a lot about my personality

• Only in some aspects

• Other = Tbh, most people offline don't know how to categorise me.

• Nope I don't really have a taste. It differs

• Mostly. Although i listen to just about everything itd be hard to narrow down

• classical music and country...
    and i guess i am what i am.

• No because i like a lot of differrent type of music

• I dont know...