Those with no pets, do you want to have any pets in the future?

Unpopular opinion here... I'm personally not a fan of the idea of owning a cat, dog or anything. I have a busy schedule as well so I can't guarantee I will always be there for a pet's needs.

How about you and why?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other
  • I already own a pet

Most Helpful Girl

• This probably makes me a terrible human being, but my fam went to visit my brother and my nephew. They have the world's best dog. She will not poop anywhere but her spot and always wines in order to go. She loves walks. She loves cuddles. She doesn't park unless my nephew is in distress or there are strangers at the door. Due to my nephew I saw how much she was being ignored, so I honestly spent more time with the dog then I did my nephew. To be fair, there was tons more family there watching him so I don't feel too bad, but yeah, I'm an animal lover even though I have no pets, but like you, I know I don't have the time to truly have one right now, but definitely in the future.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had a dog during 14 years. Annoying POS
    We've had birds, they escaped many times. The last time we gave up.
    We've had a cat. Last time I saw it , it had found a natural bird reserve, a few kilometers from home. It had very interesting occupations, I suppose because it didn't come home.
    Then we bought 6 little chicks for or son. Six roosters we got.(Who wonders?) We had to give them away. Goldfish died.
    Now my son lives far from the city and has some dogs, cats, chickens, even two ducks. and two horses.
    That will do.
    The day my wife wants a pet, she gets a cat. An apartment cat.

What Girls Said 13

• I have a pet, and see myself having many more in my life as they've always been my best pals and I want to work with animals as a career.

• Yes, we plan to get a dog after we buy our next house. That'll be about a year, year and a half from now.

• Not really, maybe a cat but that's it lol it's a lot of responsibility

• Lol really? they aren't that much responsibility I've had close to ten pets, they'll fairly easy to take care of, as long as you keep up on it and don't fall behind.

• Yea, I don't have time for a dog at the moment, but once i settle down and start a family i will adopt a mutt :)

• yes, i plan on adopting a pug when vacation ends :P

• What is Angolan culture regarding dog ownership? Is it as normal there as it is in western countries?

• Are guard dogs a common thing? Watch dogs?

Are dogs used as a "sanitary system" in the slums (almost like an alternative to plumbing/sewage systems), as they are across south Asia?

• @redeyemindtricks yeah, not so much in the city though. a lot of people are afraid of dogs for that exact reason, barking usually means u better stay away XD

the dogs/cats hang out in piles and filter through the trash wherever it accumulates. as is the norm for most of africa :P

• I want two cats and a pet shark.

• I want pets

• i would like to have a ferret one day, but i want to make sure i can take care of him first.

• Yes I need dogs in my life

• I really want a dog, but I may never have the time to take care of it. If I will ever et one it will be a forever dog, not just an until something happens dog

• No but I want to try dog meat

• Yes I would love to get a kitten right now but I can barely afford to feed myself.

• It's not for everyone. It's good you recognize that it's not for you

What Guys Said 14

• I'd like to have pets, but due to work my lifestyle doesn't allow it. I'm traveling for work probably 9-12 months out of the year. I *could* take a pet with me, most hotels will allow them, but since the workday could be anywhere from 6-14 hours, that's a lot of time for the poor critter to be locked in a hotel room. I wouldn't be too worried about a cat, but I have a roommate and I think he doesn't particularly like cats. Eventually I'll be able to be home every day, and then I would like to get at least one dog and one cat.

• Either a rabbit, or a bird. Maybe a pair of chickens.

• I would love to have pets but I'm allergic to both cats and dogs and probably just pet hair in general.
    I really really really really want a domestic fix. I really want one
    LOOK AT IT
    http://i.imgur.com/aFdnMpW.jpg

• I voted other, because I don't have one and I probably don't want one. I might consider a cat at some point but in general it just seems like extra work and responsibilities to remember that would feel like it makes me less free. Sucks that nearly 90% of women either have or want to have one. :/

• No, pets are loud, gross, annoying, and expensive. The only animals in my house will be the dead ones on the walls and the dinner table.

• I NEVER want pets, I can't stand cats and dogs. However, my parents are planning on getting a dog for the house soon... *sighs*

• I'm allergic to everything so it'd have to be a hairless dog. Even the hypoallergenic ones drag in crap from outside that makes me sneeze.

• Yes I want a pet giraffe because I always wanted an animal that resembles me

• Only if I move out of an apartment. I would like a dog but I want a yard for it.

• I'm a cat person so I'm gonna adopt a cat soon

• I would like to, especially a cat, but I would not be a good owner for one.

• I just lost a pet about 4 weeks ago, I don't think I could go through this pain again.

• Sweetheart more cuddles? 🤗🤗 🤗 You will get there in the end! 👍🏼

• @Poppykate Hard day the other day, we gave away some of her stuff, which was hard to do, but better than the constant reminder she is gone.

• I am so sorry! 🤗🤗🤗 you can have a few more cuddles to make you feel better. With time it will get better. I promise! I alway grew up with a house full of animals. My mum was always adopting stray animals no one wanted, so we would always have like 3 dogs, 2-3 cats, chicken/duck, etc. Once we have a goat for a while, and almost got a small horse, but Dad had to put his foot down on that one!. Unfortunately, animals have short lives. While it is painful to lose them, I feel it is our responsibility to open our hearts and homes to the ones that are still here and require love and a home. that's why I will always have a home full of animals, it has to be about them, and not us.

• if anything i might get a cat.

• I have one