Do you care if you make someone uncomfortable?

Let's say you're talking to someone and asked them a question. They immediately get uncomfortable, you can tell from their body language. Do you ignore that and keep questioning them or change the subject?

This is something you really want to know. Would you stop or continue?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes i do care and i feel bad when i upset others or make them uncomfortable

Most Helpful Girl

• I would usually apologize for asking something inappropriate and then let them know that they don't have to talk about it if it makes them uncomfortable. From there I usually change the subject immediately and if they want to they'll bring the conversation back to that later on

What Guys Said 8

• not at all : i don't care if they are comfy or not around me because i will not change my behaviour for so little.
    Like me or hate me i am who i am

• Depends on the person and topic. If I made a friend uncomfortable, then I'd stop or change the subject. If I made close friend uncomfortable, I'd be telling them the truth and they need to hear it depending on the topic as well.

• Depends on question...

Q - Help me bury a body?
    • I will more than likely notice the body language and understand.

Q - Wanna have sex?
    • Yes, this is otherwise classed as rape.

Q - Hey bro, keen to get food before gym?
    • No, he's getting food regardless and not being a little bich.

Q - Hey, you said you're done, so can I finish your food?
    • No, stop being a greedy phaggot, it's going to waste.

Pretttttty dependant on the question you're asking is if I care or not.

• Heh heh heh It's now I proceed to ask it constantly >:P
    It depends on the question really.

• SFG don't care.

• I'll make them comfortable!

• It varies.

• Nope, i don't care. Say and do what i want.

What Girls Said 7

• If I'm going to ask personal questions, I think it's better to add something along the lines of "you don't have to answer if you don't want to". It usually takes the embarrassment away, making it easier for people to be blunt and tell me they'd rather not talk about it, if they don't want to. And, of course, I'll change the subject.

• I doubt I'd be able to foresee if a person being uncomfortable around me firstly. But if I had foresee that, I'd shut up for a second, think for a two seconds and make everything awkward, and if possible, I'd leave (escape exit).
    It would be difficult bother myself to think other neutral questions.

• this situation would get around people I don't know well, I should mention that.

• I actually really enjoy making people feel uncomfortable. I especially like it when they start to dig themselves a hole, I love handing people a shovel and watching them get deeper and deeper...

• I would apologize for asking such question and for making them feeling uncomfortable.
    But I will them that this is something I really wanted to know, so I would continue.

• I'd think they were a little off but go about my business and forget about them.

• I would change the subject! 😂

• Yes I care.