What are your three life changing pieces of wisdom?

What are your three best pieces of advice and who or how did you get it?

Most Helpful Guy

• "God is great,
    Beer is good,
    and people are crazy"...

Hey @phil2 thats a country song by the way... my pieces of wisdom far outweigh 3, but these are close enough.

Most Helpful Girl

• "You don't have to set yourself on fire to keep others warm." A friend of mine said it to me when she realized how much I've been sacrificing trying to keep my family together.
    "You deserve everything you want, you just have to go for it." Something my mom has been telling me for years.
    "Don't settle. Not for what you think you deserve, or what other people say you should want." Something else my mom has been telling me for years, specifically about my love life.

What Guys Said 19

• 1.-You want to have a quiet mind at work? Save until you have a nest egg equal to 2 years income and be debt free.
    2.-Don't get angry when you're provoked.
    3.-Revenge? Let karma do that.
    4. girlfriend or BF? Don't try the super hot. They're too spoiled.

• 1. How you feel, your opinions and your beliefs are not necessarily true or correct.

2. How others feel, their opinions and their beliefs are not necessarily true or correct.

3. Everything in life gravitates towards a natural balance.

• More than you bargained for, but I give you Rudyard Kipling:

"IF you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    ' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
    if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!"

• 1) don't enter your 30s fat. It is all downhill from there, and losing weight gets harder and harder

2) don't chase your dream. find happiness in your reality. because you know what happens if you land your dream job? It becomes your JOB, and it isn't fun anymore, it is a responsibility.

3) over 7 billion people in the world. while we should strive to be polite, tolerance has it's limits. if there is no way to find common ground, or heal a rift between you and those you had cared about, move on. There is a whole world out there. But if you don't even attempt to heal that rift, even if you are in the right on whatever the issue was, you are also the toxic person in the relationship.

• Read the book of proverbs there are way more than 3 life changing pieces of advice in there.

• Number one: Stop being a lazy cunt and just DO IT.
    Number two: Stop being so serious and fucking chill.
    Number three: Think before you act/talk you flippin idiot

Those little tidbits of wisdom have really helped me out.

• 1) Stay notes son, once you reach this age you might feel regrets, but I can assure you that the pain, the suffering, and the eternal hatred that you feel inside you will increase ten fold, so try to find happiness while you're young then capture it and keep it forever.
    2) Crazy has the best pussy, but don't stick your dick in crazy
    3) If you can't accept yourself in this world then you might as well be lonely for the rest of your life.
    I sort of rephrased these from what i've heard by listening to my grand-parents and parents. xd I have a bunch more if you want I can say them ^^

• Sure thing, I love to hear good wisdom. They help shape your life

• Okay ^^
      4) Once you spot a snake, separate from your life, as it will eat away at your emotions until you lose yourself and others around you.
      5) Saying that you don't care, contradicts yourself as you do care, for if you didn't care then you wouldn't have responded with such words
      6) When it rains, it's like God is crying because the world he's created is slowing killing itself, when it thunders it shows his anger, and when it's lightning then you best pray that you are not the one being struck.
      7) Happiness is the essence of life itself, when you find it you'll see what I meant.
      8) For all the shite I've ever done, tis true that I never stopped loving you with all my heart, afterall I trusted you before anyone and still do to this day
      9) You give respect, but you earn trust
      10) When the time is right confess everything that made you feel like a piece of shite, if you don't, even in death you'll feel regret and it'll be worse cause it's infinite.

• "A single raindrop raises the sea level," Dinotopia, "Keep good company," my grandmother."A man with no forgiveness in his heart lives a life worse than death," Karate Kid II

• 1: no sex before marriage... nothing good can come from it. 2: never let anxiety to cloud your mind. 3: be cautious of those who you choose to associate with. 4: don't procrastinate. 5: don't trade your morals and values just to make someone happy.

• All from personal experience;

1. Your behaviour can be the result/fault of others (your parents or environment). Not trying your hardest to improve it, only you can be blamed for.

2. If you are depressed, seek counselling.

3. Don't eat yellow snow. Seriously, just don't.

• 1. Your soul is eternal. So, live through this fleeting human life until the end, even if it becomes very difficult.

2. Believe in yourself even if no else does.

3. Your existence and actions effect the multiverse.

• 1.) We are only responsible for our own paths, let others have theirs.
    WHY - truest, it's no ones place to judge or critisize someone elses choices.
    WHO - my beat mate Ty

That's all I got hha

• Being humble is the best thing you can do to build your self esteem

• "You were born an original, don't die a copy."
    "You regret the things you don't do more than those that you did."
    "I would rather fight and die beside my friends than flee alongside strangers."

• nice guys dont finish last, boring guys do. -my Opa.
    Id much rather regret the things i did, then the things i didn't do. - Mark twain (i think)
    Its not what you say, its what you do that matters. - some dude at AA.

• They're quotes
    Some made by me some read by me

• Dont do drugs don't do crazy women don't do anything you don't wanna

• I only have one.
    "The strongest keep fighting but the wisest know when to give up"
    This can be said about everything. A relationship, your job, you life, a friend.

• 1. Never commit to a women
    2. Life is too short
    3. Destroy feminists

What Girls Said 9

• 1- Wake up very early in the morning and start working early (or start doing your responsibilities).
    Because you have whole day, and when you start doing things early, by the time you finish stuff and check time you notice that it is still noon or just right after noon and you have a great evening to enjoy. In the end early bird catches the worm.

2- Have a life and its full responsibilities where you are true to yourself, and do not live the life others expect you to live.

It made me miserable back in high school because I did not want to go to med school but my parents did so I took pre-med courses for awhile in senior high. Worst year of my life. Thankfully they realized that this is not the life I want to live.

3- Stay calm in all arguments, and know when to stay in silence, and know when to apologize. Silence shows power. But making an apology is the hardest thing to do and shows that you really feel sorry.

Not staying calm and getting angry easily to push my ideas and opinions caused me a lot of pain. Being short-tempered and getting pissed off caused me to lose my best friend, whom I still miss this day. He who gets up in anger sits back with a loss, right?

• 1. Don't smoke pot or drink with people you don't know (and make SURE you ALWAYS have a designated driver)!
    2. Love/Be yourself, and don't agree with people when they try to put you down.
    3. Don't be too nice or eager with others or you will be taken advantage of on a regular basis.

• 1. (in regards to any kind of habit) YOU do IT, don't let IT do YOU (my father told me this)
    2. If you aren't willing to do what it takes to change your situation, don't complain about it (something that really can be fixed with some actual effort, like weight loss)
    3. Don't write checks with your mouth that your ass can't cash (my personal favorite)

• Do good while you still have youth and good health

Don't be an open book to everyone

Take initiative (not talking about relationship lol)

• 1. If it won't matter in 3 years, you shouldn't worry as much about it.

2. If it's meant to be, then it'll return. If not then your prince/princess is out there.

3. “Life is not always perfect. Like a road, it has many bends, ups and down, but that’s its beauty.”
    ― Amit Ray

First 2 are what came to mind, I didn't create them I just remember people telling me them, and I couldn't think of a 3rd so I quoted someone.

• - Dayman, fighter of the nightman
    - Champion of the sun
    - He's the master of karate and friendship to everyone.

• -If someone a piece of shit no one is forcing you to keep them in your life walk away.
    -Don't judge looks judge actions and words
    -If someone say "you complete me" run!! (got that from whoopi)

• 1. Have a kind heart
    2. Be with someone who loves you more than you love them
    3. Know your value

• Fuck them, do you.
    Fuck ni99az, get money.
    Work now, play later.