Do you ever try to understand why people are mean?

Do you go the extra step to help them learn to be nice?
Or do you just get angry, judge them and feel self righteous?
I know that it is hard to even think of changing someone... but do you at least try to understand them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I try to understand everyone, but that doesn't mean I won't be mean to them in return. Being mean to people tells you things about them that they wouldn't tell you themselves... Someone doesn't need to be mad to be mean to someone. I don't try to change people. People choose to ask for help, and they choose to make changes on their own. Sometimes advice can influence them, but ultimately they are the one that chooses the path they walk in life.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll try to understand a little bit, but if they keep being that way I'm going to let it go and not try to help them.

What Guys Said 3

• We should stop giving them excuses for why they're mean. They're just shitty people.

• I can understand why they are mean. But sometimes their anger is unjustified, so at those times I will retaliate with reason, LOL!

• just ignore them and get on with your life they will only put you down

What Girls Said 2

• I try to help but if it gets out of control then i have to step in and confront

• I have this deep understanding of people's behaviours. I give them the benefit of the doubt, kind of like: people only see trouble, not the struggle. But if they seriously affect me or hurt me in any way, I put them in their place. Their struggle should never allow them to abuse another person. So give them a chance but don't take their shit. Also, people need to see their actions and change themselves if they want to. We can't change someone else. We can help them see things clearer and offer advice, but trying to change someone will only backfire on ourselves.