I have baby fever?

Okay so in reality, I don't want a baby right now. Im going to wait multiple years before I try to have one. Buuutttt... I have baby fever! I am so obsessed with babies and I just can't get over it and it's getting to the point where it's kind of making me want one, even though I can't! I have college and many other things I have to focus on right now. This may be a silly question, but how can I stop feeling like this? I know some people get motherly feelings/instincts before they have children and it's natural but I just don't want to have that feeling right now.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know it's rare for men, but l have baby fever too, and can't wait to be a dad - although I'm not even dating or crushing on anyone at the moment!

Most Helpful Girl

• haha i am in the same place. totally not ready for a baby, but totally obsessed with babies. i have no clue how to get rid of it, i wish i did!

What Guys Said 2

• Do what you want

• your crazy, having babies is a burden, its not an instinct to have kids, when someone has one its a requirement to do whatever you gotta do to take care of it.

What Girls Said 8

• Just know that you have all these things you want before you have sex, and even though your baby fever is strong right now, know that it's best to do everything before that step because you want their life to be best. You can't really avoid it because you'll love babies forever probably but just keep it cool x

• Maybe you could release the feeling bu babysitting? Or taking a part time job as a sitter or at a nursery?

• I was the same way when I was your age.

• I just watch OKbaby and the sacconejolys on youtube to keep my fever at bay

• Buy a kitty or puppy

• Ugggh same. It's like a love hate kind of thing

• Ok. Good for you...

• I'm younger than you and I have this as well. Though I'm not gonna go out and get pregnant (cause obvious reasons) its always nice to want a baby. Then when the time is right, you have one ^_^ As you mentioned it is completely natural, and honestly it's just a thing that you have to set aside in your mind. Try to think about other things, not exactly easy. But that's the advice I have to offer from my experience.