What do you think about the modern day social media?

Such as Instagram, Kik , Tumblr, Snapchat and any others that i might have missed.
I only use Kik and Instagram mostly but i only use them to keep up with my friends and other things. I love Kik because i can communicate with my friends that are in other states

Most Helpful Guy

• Way too much shit out there. I'd much rather get to know someone in person rather than the crafted image that is shared online.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not use any social media including Facebook (used between 2007-2014, then deactivated to never open again), Twitter (used between 2010-2014 and then deleted the account), Snapchat, Instagram (fake account, details written below) simply because I do not need to follow what's going on in others' lives. I am in constant contact with important friends of mine, to put it in a better way, the friends who I care about and would like to keep up with. People have at least 300-400 friends on FB or IG, that's insane. You cannot simply have 300 people to keep up with or to care. It is just unnecessary show-off their lives like it is so great. Most people who overshare stuff on those platforms are just the miserable ones.

As I said I do not use it to keep up with friends. But I have a fake IG, which does not include name or posts, and also I dont accept any followers. Only reason I have this account is to keep up with GoT memes, and several travel photograph artists whose blogs I also follow.

On the other hand, I got introduced to Snapchat by my cousin, an 18 yo teenager. She was following Rihanna, Kylie Jenner and some other unnecessary people (in my opinion). I didn't see any point in sharing stupid photos with idiotic animal filters, or 1 minute videos of whatever you're doing atm to show off (do you share 1 minute video of self peeing or pooing). I simply find all these social media stuff ridiculous.

Thou, I would not put Tumblr in the category of FB, IG, Snapchat etc. because Tumblr has a personality.

What Guys Said 8

• They are good for keeping in touch with friends from far away but sometimes I think I like the old email way - With the IM it is like a bang, bang, bang conversation but in a email someone could ask you something, you have a think about it and come back with a thought out answer so I still like to use both.

• I thinks fucking shit. Yeah it's super useful but I'm like fuck off.

Screw posting some status bs, oh hey look at this picture.
    Nah nah I rather shout at ya face instead.

• I dont use any of those or know how they work. I just use facebook, but I havnt posted anything in years, and my profile pic is of me back from 2007.

• It's too much!

• I use FB, Twitter, and Snapchat. They do their job pretty well.

• It makes people feel like they have a lot of friends even they don't

• Instagram, twitter, and G@G

• kik isn't social media.

What Girls Said 10

• Hate it.. people rely to heavily on social media, sometimes, and forget that people are actually able to talk to each other face to face lol. I'd much rather hang out with someone than talk to them over social media or texting. Yes, it's good for friends who don't live near you, but otherwise it just consumes too much time. I have basically zero social skills since for the most part I only talk to people online, so when it comes to actually talking to them in person I become clueless as of what to say. I envy past generations where relationships were actually a thing and people were forced to talk to each other. For instance, when I go outside, I don't see a damn person out on the street, or neighbors talking or anything like that. I hardly even know my neighbors and most of them I have never even seen, probably because they're glued to their technology when they're not out or at work. And this makes me sad, before technology, people would actually talk to each other and I also feel like this is why so many relationships now a days are bad ones. You just can't know someone by communicating through technology.

• I have a Pinterest and a Tumblr, that's it. I have a Facebook but I deactivated it and I rarely get on now. I'd rather just focus on my life and the people that are directly around me. Besides no one cares about my life enough for me to really have social media anyway, so I just reblog memes and pictures and stuff :/

• I love kik

• I like Instagram.

• Honestly they all are way overrated. I used to have all of them. I was quite active too. But after my phone broke once and I experienced LIFE without them, I never re-downloaded them again.
    They are such a waste of time. I thought I wouldn't live without them, but turns out I wasn't living WITH them.

• Hey, using social media is quite good to connect with your friends.. Just don't get misguided by it because as you know, there are always 2 sides of a coin.. Try not to get mislead and continue having fun with your friends.. Enjoy!

• I love kik and instagram. Snapchat and twitter I totally don't see the appeal of.

• I think it's overused

• I have about three, four if you count Whatsapp. But sometimes you shouldn't use too much.

• i think people use it too much and it develops bad habits.