What is worse Dry heat or Humid heat?

Humid heat sucks :|

• Dry
  • Humid

Most Helpful Guy

• Humid heat is THE WORSE.
    In the old country I literally had to stay indoors with the A/C on at full blast with that 35, 40C for months at a time with humidity stuck at 90-100%.
    Dry heat isn't that bad cos your body's sweat works to radiate heat but when the air's saturated and the sun's beating down , that's scorched earth.

What Girls Said 31

• Dry heat is far more comfortable for sure. Had that in Australia at 43 degrees Celsius. Now back home the highest temperature this summer was like 33 degrees Celsius but it felt at least as hot and bad as the 43 degrees in Australia because the humidity was at a perceived level 4000. Its like you can't even breathe 😷

• Humid heat is just the worst. I can take it, but the air just feels so heavy after awhile. If you don't have AC and you hate the humidity, you're fucked. Anyone who says dry heat is worse has clearly never spent a minute outside on a hot, humid summer day.

• Immediately sweating the instant you get out of the shower is not fun at all. Bonus, I was using cold water to cool off.

• Humid would suck hardcore. It gets all sticky and icky and yucky. Clothes stick on you..

BLURGHHH 😫😖

• Humid heat, definitely. Dry heat I can deal with.

• Humid can get to the point where I feel like I can't breathe. Which that actually happened in middle to me and outside was like there wasn't any air.

• Depends on how high the humidity is.

- Personally, I like it to be a little humid. :]

• Humid heat is definitely heavier and more miserable but there's nothing quite like walking outside in Arizona when it's 120 and you literally can't breathe.

• Humid! It's been super hot AND humid here lately and it's been unbearable. Feels like a rainforest. Hard to breathe. I hate humidity.

• Humidity by far. I cannot stand it.

• I've never experienced dry, mostly humid and it sucks for sure

• Humid is waayyy worse

• Dry heat is amazing. Your hair dries quickly and I get mermaid waves. It's beautiful. Bring on the dry heat.

Humid heat can suck my hypothetical dick.

• I don't really know the difference, I think we only get one type of heat where I live... I guess the dry one? Probably.

Is humid heat like the heat that's at the zoo in the crocodile house?

• Where you live? And do you feel wetter than usual mostly? If so its most likely humid

• Northern Europe. I feel wet in heat only if I stay under the covers for long lol

• Hmmm so maybe dry heat then. It tends to be more humid around the tropics and equator

• Humid heat friken sucks ass. Not even kidding.

• Definitely humid... I live in the Deep South

• Humidity sucks so bad. And its been so humid here lately I hate it, feels like I can't breathe.

• humid heat suckkks, dry heat is my favorite weather.

• I can't handle those hot humid days.

• Humid sucks, that's what we have here

• Having lived in both, humid is definitely worse. Dry heat is easier to handle.

• lmao Florida

• Humid heat because it gets to your bones. Humidity worsens arthritis.

• Humid heat for me!
    I so don't like getting sweaty

• Humid heat.

• Humid heat for sure. It also makes my hair look horribleee

• Heat + high humidity is the worst.

• Humid heat for sure!

• Hate humidity.

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 26

• For the same temperature humid heat is worse. Humid heat does not actually feel hotter, it's just more miserable if you are active enough to work up a good sweat.

Sometimes you'll hear people say about really hot temperatures "But it's dry heat so it's not as bad." Anyone who says that has never been in really hot temperature. I've done heavy labor in 110+ degree dry heat. That feels WAAAAY hotter than 95 and humid. It's like being in an oven. You can dehydrate real fast in that temperature.

• Florida native here and let me tell you, humid heat is downright miserable. The worst part about humid heat is the fact that our bodies cooling system (sweat) becomes inefficient. Since the air is filled with so much moisture our sweat is unable to evaporate in the air so it ends up just collecting on our body. 15 minutes in humid heat will have you feeling like you're carrying the entire Atlantic Ocean.

• I'd have to go with Humid heat. I really need to be indoors with either the Fan set to maximum or an AC that is cranked up to help me stay cool.

• I'm a native of, and live in the South, where it's very humid. But I've also lived in the West for a while. I can tell you that a 100 degree day in the dry Western air isn't nearly as oppressive as 90 degrees in the South with 85%+ humidity.

• humid for sure because with the moisture in the air it makes it feel even hotter.

• I think humid because if you are wearing clothes, you just pump sweat and I sweat at the best of times so anything extra and I am a melting snowman.

• It's not really a debate, your sweat doesn't work near as effectively in cooling you off. I've had 12 hour days in crazy humid heat and it's horrible compared to dry.

• For me hot Dry heat is worse

• Humidi heat sucks ass 😣

• I chose the wrong thing, but humid heat is worse.

I do, personally, love a humid heat however. I love it hot as all hell.

• Dry heat dehydrates you more. But humid heat feels more uncomfortable and maybe feels hotter because you can't lose heat through sweating as effectively.

Hmm, I'll say humid heat is worse.

• 110 degree weather in dry heat is way better than 80 degree weather in humid heat. I've experienced both staying in Nevada and living in Indiana.

• Humid. Its humid right now and I hate it. Thank god it only lasts a day or two.

• I'm use to humid heat. It's not pleasant, but at least your snot does't turn to chalk like it does in the high desert...

• Humid heat definitely! I can't stand it! Ugh!

• I've been in both and dry heat is easier to deal with

• I prefer dry heat (even if it's 110F dry vs 90F humid) even with the increased risk of dehydration. Why? The sweat actually evaporates you and cools rather than simply soaking you and dripping into your eyes.

• Dry heat

• Humidity is horrible

• I live in Florida so I know how bad humid heat is

• humid.

• Humid-Far and away.

• I live in tropical Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia and I think our Summer humidity sits at something like 80-90% the whole time. It's foul, you legit feel dirty 24 hours of the day, you sleep in a puddle of your own sweat, hey fever is too real

• Humid heat for sure. How are you suppose to do anything when you practically can't breathe?

• Humid heat is awful even when I take my shirt off.

• I'll take my 105 degree heat in the desert anytime over mid 80's- 90 in Florida