Ever been to the USA? Can you recommend a place that's good for food, shopping and just going out at night for drinks?

I am planning a birthday trip to the USA for me and my mum this October. I have never went to America and its on my 2016 bucket list so why not. I'm not rich but I'm working so much so I'm treating myself. Where would you recommend the state I visit for 3 nights? I love to shop and eat and I plan on getting a taxi everywhere so a state that can accommodate this. I don't want to be at the beach or anywhere deserted. I want to be around food and taking loads of pictures. Plus safe! And a good area. Have you been to the USA? How did you find it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Chicago. It's New York done right.
    The food is GREAT! There's so many things to see & do. Everywhere you look in Chicago is a good picture. If you're creative with a camera shots to the North from the Aquarium & Planetarium are fantastic. Shots of the lake, harbor & skyline is superb.
    I hope this link works, if not it's Pic. #2 This is taken from the North to South.

img1.10bestmedia.com/.../...Chicago_54_990x660.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• Come to Chicago.
    Wonderful here in the summer.

What Guys Said 14

• You're 18, you're not gonna be able to go out at night for drinks, cause you gotta be 21 for that.
    Besides that, I really recommend Chicago, it's a gorgeous city during the summer. There's lots and lots of events, warm weather, but not too hot. We've got great museums and sites to take pictures. Great parks too.
    It's pretty safe if you avoid the south and west. I've been here for 3 years and have felt safe all the time.
    Come to Chicago!

• Oh, and we have amazing food here, there's a reason why the biggest food fest is held in Chicago.

• @Chrisv1516 You watch too much news.
      What you don't know is it's gangbangers shooting other gangbangers. If you're not on the South side at night, selling drugs in another hood or fucking with the wrong guys you're safe.
      A tourist would have no reason to be there.

• @Chrisv1516 That's if you live in the bad neighborhoods, and no tourist is gonna go there cause there's nothing to see. Stick to the Loop and the north side and you're more than good.

• Well, if I had to choose I would say Philadelphia.
    Here's why:
    - great food
    - there ARE taxis
    - the city is not as large as NY so it's not easy to get lost.
    - Philly is a major cultural center and the beginning of our country.
    - it's a very safe city. All of the bad neighborhoods are on the other side of the city.
    - if you wanted to, you could take the train to New York for a day or two for just a few dollars.
    - you could also visit Washington DC for a day with a train ride or a 2 hour drive.
    So, essentially we have everything and we're right at the center of everything.
    Here are some resources if you're interested:
    http://www.visitphilly.com
    Wherever you end up going, I hope you have a great time.

• I live in the USA.. Miami FL would be a great fun place to do these things google it and check out South Beach and other great shopping areas in town.

• Is it easy to get around in a taxi? And is it better than NYC?

• Okay, I think I'll stick to the taxi but thanks I'll definetly consider miami

• You can't go wrong choosing Miami. Have fun
      😊

• Come visit me in Wisconsin of course 😉 hahah. Hmmm such a short time period to visit the US. I do like Chicago but with October it can be very cool in the fall. Everyone else is saying NYC 3 days isn't enough for that city.

• I live here in the USA and have been to quite a bit of it but most people visit New York City first for all that but it's very costly , there are many places to choose from , New Orleans is another good place for food but pretty hot right now

• Yeh I can imagine New York being very touristy. Is it more expensive than Miami?

• About the same but Miami is really hot right now and a lot of Spanish speaking people, it might even be more expensive than New York City , there is Epcott center next to Disney world in Orlando Florida where there is lots of different foods to eat in that theme park

• If you travel further to Arizona which is much cheaper you could check out the Grand Canyon , that's a sight you won't forget. But since your interests is good food and cheaper place to stay might be parts of Louisiana

• The City of Greater New York... of course.

• Everyone is saying it's expensive there

• You get what you pay for. If you want cheap, you'll get a cheap experience. If you want the best, you gotta pay for the best... but it IS the best.

• Los Angeles. That's where I live. Everything you want. Cheaper then most other major cities. Don't take a taxi. Take Uber much much cheaper then a taxi

• Probably Miami Florida is what you want.

• Would you say it was better than NYC

• Much better for you:
      Lots of bars and nightlife
      Great Shopping
      Men are more likely to be in shape

• Los Angeles. Don't do the tourist stuff, mix with locals.

• New York City, Phoenix isn't bad if you shop in Scottsdale

• Without a doubt, go to Boston

• FOOD - TEXAS
    SHOPPING - ANYWHERE
    DRINKS - Friday NIGHT LIGHTS

• my house so i can bang u ;)

• Miami is "at the beach" to don't go there.

Try Boston or Chicago.

What Girls Said 5

• I actually live in the USA (Florida) but before my family and I moved there we used to vacation in New York... A LOT! It's amazing, I have been there before I even started growing teeth. :)

• Los Angeles or Miami.

• Las Vegas that's where the party is at lol

• New York is a must!

• California
    Miami
    New york
    Las Vegas