Purebred or Mix dog?

I have a little purebred Min-Pin at home, am in love with it. But lately I've heard people saying Purebreds are better or Mix is better, I don't see it though, they're both lovable dogs if you treat them right.
What's your opinion?

• Purebred
    16% (4)22% (2)18% (6)Vote
  • Mix
    36% (9)11% (1)29% (10)Vote
  • Both
    44% (11)44% (4)44% (15)Vote
  • Not a dog person
    4% (1)23% (2)9% (3)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
9|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Mix will generally come with medical and behavior issues that purebreds had bred out of them.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Both are great. Personally, I care more about pursuing the animal that needs a home, rather than supporting someone who is breeding for money.

For health, you may never know exactly what you're getting with a mixed breed dog, but purebreds have their issues-boxers have tumors out the butt, some lines of poodles have seizures, others get bloat (Danes), bad knees, breathing issues with the brachycephalic breeds (english bulldogs, etc) and so much more.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Girls Said 8

• Aesthetically for like competitions and health pure bred may be, however mix also makes them unique etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh we have a shelter dog mix we saved and purebred that we bought. They are both great and we love them equally. They also but up with my crazy son 😜 so they are both troopers.

0|0
    0|0
    • They are both amazing. :) Your dogs seem amazing!

• as long as you aren't buying from a farm and rescuing them instead then it doesn't matter.

1|0
    0|0
    • Rescued dogs are the best. :)

• I'm fine with either or. My family has had two mixed dogs, and they were/are sweethearts.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really don't mind. Both

0|0
    0|0
  • Mixed breeds are better to me.
    I have a puggle. Half pug, half beagle. 100% cute haha

0|0
    0|0
    • Awhh, that sounds so cute.

• I like my mutts, I got two cutie pies at home ❤

0|0
    0|0
  • Mutts are better. Pure breeds are so inbred and have so many problems as well as having to be bought from breeders. Mutts are usually rescues and have fewer health problems as they are not near as inbred.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for the info ~