How do you distract yourself from being extremely angry?

I'm literally boiling with anger at some bullshit somebody said to me. I could literally punch a fucking hole in the world right now. I already went for a run and went hardcore but I'm still fueling. What can I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Punching bag girl. Give it a good old bash!

Most Helpful Girl

• I have several go to's when I get super ticked off.
    I journal and write everything I'd either like to say, or what I plan on saying.
    I take a long shower and let the hot water give me some relief from my inner turmoil.
    I cry. Lol
    I take a cat nap (partial benedryl dosage if needed) to help my innards calm down.
    I weight lift at the gym. Though be careful... I literally was so pissed one time when I was weight lifting I tore a muscle... LOL

Also, on the contrary, after I'm done being mad, I try to consider where the other person might be coming from (even if they are wrong), just so I may have an easier time forgiving and not hold a grudge. It takes way too much mental, physical, and emotional energy to be angry long term. Just my opinion. Good luck!!! :)

What Guys Said 4

• Being an idiot on the road , lift at the gym , heavy metal to drown out the noise , bed or just some (misc) time.

• Smoke a jay and listen to The Grateful Dead.

Otherwise, Judas Priest or selected Megadeth.

• Well I masturbate you should too hun

• it varies.

What Girls Said 8

• When I'm angry I bake something with chocolate that requires a lot of violent stirring. That way, once I've worked out most of the anger, the chocolate takes care of the rest.

• Good alcohol, good food, good TV. And if you can, find something cute and fuzzy and pet it. My cat is an excellent therapist.

• Go to sleep. You won't feel anger in your dreams. Probably. And maybe you'll have calmed down when you wake up from the slumber.

• I write

• Music. Music is therapy.

• Breath. Keep breathing deeply

• sit somewhere quiet and comfortable, back straight, breathe in your nose and out your mouth... I'd prob pace for a bit and talk to myself before hand just so I wasn't super anxious and then do the breathing for about 15minutes.

When I really mad at someone I write them a letter saying everything I have to say then I file it away... goodluck!

• Weight training, boxing or just get drunk lol