Any other woman that hates girly, sappy movies?

This might sound strange but besides cartoons, the very first rated R movie I've watched when I was 7 was horror classic Friday the 13th. Next it was vampire, werewolf horror films and others. Mushy, sappy films... I would just find it boring. Even at the age of 29, I'm still into horror or suspense mainly (rarely ever comedy or sappy films... it would have to be good enough for me not to get bored).

There is just something fascinating about horror, thriller movies involving gore and straight forward into the action of the bad, scary killer going after you.

Most Helpful Girl

• My entire collection is thrillers and horror sprinkled very lightly with comedy. Can't stand much else, with the exception of cartoons... mostly because my taste in movies is inappropriate for a three year old... although she loves zombies!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I confess I like Jane Austen adaptations and costume dramas. But I find most rom coms or plain old roms rather boring. Last thing I watched was Hail Caesar and I thought it was superb, take it over a sappy girly movie any day. On the subject of horror and thrillers there are great examples here too. I watched Afflicted the other day and while my folks were wincing I rather liked it.

NB I was going to be a film student at one point (and maybe will be again) so I have a semi professional interest. Many "girly" films I wonder: why did you tell the same story in exactly the same way again?

• I dislike most sappy movies as well.