What is your favourite species of wood?

Mine so far are pine, maple, oak.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ponderosa pine. They're so fluffy! And arguably the best Christmas trees. I also like weeping willows and birch. Birch forests in the fall are breathtaking.

What Girls Said 5

What Guys Said 3

• Hard Maple!! It makes the BEST furniture. Nice, elegant grain, closed grain, so easy to finish. LOVE IT!! But I have to give Pine, a close second, as it is the structure of the drawers, and the frames in many cases (unintended pun!! Cases, and Cases, like boxes!!!) :)
    Maple is the 'face' and pine does the work!!

• Rainbow Eucalyptus. Look it up- it's pretty spectacular.

• by the way, the Cider Gum Eucalyptus is quite spectacular as well- those bright sky blue leaves are quite something to look at. Both it and the technicolored Rainbow Eucalyptus are strongly aromatic as well. Also giving a mention to the Silvertree, Leucadendron argenteum- a uniquely metallic, chromatic tree with silky leaves, and large apricot-colored flowers which smell of vanilla.

• Beech wood I think that's what it's called