Where should I begin in the book to read the bible?

So i am getting to know my inner christian more, and i havnt read the bible for a long time. Just got a new cool biblel.. where should i begin?

0|1
9|16

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd suggest the Gospels (Matthew, mark, luke, john). Then acts. Those are the most important books as a Christian.

At that point, you could keep going from there, reading Paul's letters, which are literally letters to churches giving them advice (Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians etc.) Alternatively, you might want to jump back to the old testament at that point. Read genesis and exodus, skip Leviticus, read numbers.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• So, if you actually want to become Christian it's probably best not to start with Genesis, but I think you should start with Genesis. It's a very hard pill to swallow - you will feel alienated from God and you won't understand - but it is so clarifying. Genesis presents God as the cruel wasteland god, the war god, spartan and destructive. The bible begins with one of its most morally/personally challenging and difficult books, which is fascinating to me. It's also, like, really well written, and is full of a number of excellent stories (like of my hero, Jacob), and is really funny? honestly? I think it is honestly a good book to start with, if you feel that you can stomach it.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• Start with Matthew, Mark, Luke and John; the four Gospels, then go to Acts and Corinthians 1 & 2. Good for you!

0|0
    0|0
  • Book of Revelations, Chapter 22, Verse 21.

1|0
    0|0
  • Aren't you supposed to read all of it?

0|0
    0|0
  • From very first chapter, Book of Revelations its called I think. Soon you'll come to Book of Joshua and the fun begins.

0|0
    0|0
  • But who was biblel?

0|0
    0|0
  • Start where you'd usually start with any book... at the start :v

0|0
    0|0
  • why not page one, top line, first word or do you plan to pick and choose bits to fit your ideals?

0|0
    0|0
  • Join a bible study, they're easy to find.

0|0
    0|0
  • Start with genesis of course

0|0
    0|0
  • genesis? you know, the beginning?

0|0
    0|0
  • Genesis, I suppose.

0|0
    0|0
  • The last page, then just don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Start at the last page and save all the crap in the middle.

0|0
    0|0
  • join a Bible study group. if you do not want to do that then start with a chapter a time of genesis and a chapter a time of Matthew. read these together. some books do seem more boring than others due to the fact of historical accounts but it is great on the whole

0|0
    0|0
  • the last page

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• probably from the beginning

0|0
    0|0
  • At the beginning is always good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Biblel

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter where you start they are all just little story's

0|0
    0|0
  • Start from the book of Genesis?

0|0
    0|0
  • bibblel

0|0
    0|0
  • you must begin from the beginning

0|0
    0|0
  • What I used to do when I read the Bible was to just randomly open it and read what was there, though then it's difficult to keep track of what you read already

1|0
    0|0