How can I get over my past of being bullied?

Ever since I was 8 I was called fat. I was very overweight but I didn't know what to do, and my parents thought I was "fine". When I was 12, turning 13, I was fed up with it. I starved myself and lost nearly all the extra weight. I thought the endless insults would end, but they found out that I had a crush on a girl. They kept on shouting terrible slurs at me in the halls.
This whole thing ended a few months ago, when I start making friends in different years and classes. I'm trying to get over what they said but every time I look in the mirror, all I see is fat and I'm scared to love the girl I love.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was bullied from 12-17. To the point I didn't feel like going to school anymore. They called me ugly, spotty, goofy teeth geek nerd etc. I was most of these things but. I learnt something, bullies will find something no matter what. You can base your life around what you think. I changed schools and worked on myself, but I made sure I worked on myself for me, not to prove something to them.

I'm now 21, I have a girlfriend I will get married to. I am an engineer working as an investment banker in central London. I met one of my bullies for the first time after 6 years. She always told me I would never get a girlfriend. At first, she didn't recognise me, told her who I was she didn't believe me. Showed my ID she was schocked. Said the girl beside me is my girlfriend, she swallowed hard in shock, as my girlfriend is a solid 9/10 and 10x more beautiful then her. She spoke of admiration and being happy for me when she made my life hell as the most popular girl in school. I was happy I got the last laugh. This happens a lot with my previous bullies.

The thing you Gotta understand is I never did all of these to prove something to my bullies, I worked this hard for myself.

Work on yourself, work out go gym, don't starve yourself but have a healthy diet. Focus on your education. Remember they are enjoying life now. In 10 years they will be just hanging on to life but you will be succesfull.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell yourself that all the people that have bullied you will be irrelevant 5-10 years. from now. Trust me, I know how you feel; to this day I remember the bullying I went through in school and it still hurts. But I also know that those people are no longer in my life, I've got good things going for me and what goes around comes around. And don't let them scare you from loving who you love either. "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

What Guys Said 6

• It sounds like you have a ton of issues. And I don't know much about your situation to make a full comment on it. However, I can promise you that if you don't love yourself, then nobody else will love you. If you want people to like you for the way you are, you have to start with yourself. Because if you don't know how to love yourself, then you won't know how to love anyone else. I'm telling you this from experience, getting with a girl will not make you feel complete. I've had that awful mindset almost my entire life, and I haven't figured it out until my junior year. I know it is rough, but you need to stay strong. Of course you won't like the commments, but you'll eventually get to the point when you understand that other people's negative opinions on you doesn't matter. Long story short, if you want someone to love you, start with yourself. I'm sorry if my words seem redundant haha.

• Sticks and stones stop being so sensitive to words and stop giving a shit when someone calls me a faggot it just flies over my head.

• It's hard to not care about words

• I've never got that, I mean as long as it's not your friends or someone who matters then the words are just meaningless all I think of when someone says I'm a fag is well they're a cunt and I don't think what cunts say is relevant.

• I don't know why I can't just not care but a lot of insults just physically hurt and I guess it'll be like that for a whole

• Eat better and exercise.

• I've lost all the weight now but thanks anyway

• That's seriously all you took from what I said? 😑

• What else am I supposed to say

• Punch the jerk that says it to you.

• I dont know if that being bullied. its just bein a kid in school. there just words, so chin up.

• You can start by excercising and eating right. you dont have to go all through the unhealthy waay

What Girls Said 0