Do you think the two cops in the video should be prosecuted for shooting this man?

personally I think they should be prosecuted for murder they weren't in any danger and killed a father at a gas station, it make me not ever trust the police because I can be murdered for just being outside

Source: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/alton-sterling-shooting-baton-rouge-police-sparks-outrage-protests-n604431?cid=sm_fb_msnbc_native

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• The guy that shot him should be hung on the court yard steps.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely. They murdered this man. He was already pinned down, what threat did he pose that warranted him SIX shots to the chest? It's disgusting.

What Guys Said 12

• I don't wanna watch it right now. But, the public has a tendency to flip balls over any time a cop shoots anyone of a certain color, even when it's a dude who is literally pointing a gun at the cops. Seriously. There have been instances where the guy had a gun, and the cops still get hate for it and called murderers. If it's like Walter Scott, the cop just shooting a man in the back 8 times who is running away, then yeah, the cop should be prosecuted. But, especially where BLM and the general media is concerned, a lot of people have a tendency to blow shit way out of proportion. Calling it genocide and calling all cops racist or something. There is hardly any rational thought processes in many of these shooting cases, just an emotional "He was black, so you're wrong." This is especially true in the black community, very deeply rooted in solidarity, who don't mind black people killing black people, but get outraged if an accident happens even once.

Don't get me wrong. It's the police's job to protect us. If they're killing us--note, I'm saying 'us'--they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I just really dislike the bias and innate assumptions. All the hate at cops has caused deaths, in its own right. Couple of teens in Detroit were shot execution style, and when the two guys got on the stand right in front of the parents who's kids were killed by them, they were like, "I'm sorry for Trayvon Martin." Then other cops who have just been doing their job have been killed as blowback from very, very, very few illegal killings. 12 per year, but people make it sound like it's 2 million a year. And yes, 1 is far too many. I just want to look at it realistically. in my opinion, that's within the standard deviation, taking black crime into account.

It is ironic though. People direct this hate at cops *as a whole*, but if anyome did that with a race or nationality or gender, it would be called racism/sexism.

And, the more anger and hatred pointed at cops, (or blacks and whites) the more tension builds and then we get more deaths on both sides.

And man. Cops are my natural enemy. But they are also human, despite what the media says. So, my point is, was it a horrible mistake or intentional murder? You have to put yourself in the cop's shoes. But no one wants to do that, because they want to hate.

In any case, I really don't wanna see anyone die right now. So, I'll watch tomorrow and see what I think, as unbiased as possible.

• Fuck, I really didn't want to see that. That's fucked up. Put some notice some that shit, there are kids on here. That's probably one of the worst cop shooting videos I've ever seen. But the cop who fired was told there was a gun. He didn't seem to know. And the cop sounded legitimately afraid when he said, "he's got a gun." What woupd you do if you were told someone was pulling a gun, and you had one? Was it a set up? Was it a loosely planned hate crime? I don't know. I'd like to know who shot the video, and get his eyewitness. But based only on the video, there is reasonable doubt. It also appeared the guy was struggling. I really don't have a lot of sympathy for people who struggle with the cops. It's like poking a venemous snake in the eye. Darwin. The fact that he was on the ground suggests the cops had to take him down, because he was being unruly. Suggests.

• That fucking disgusts me, they shot him in the chest 6 times!! If he was giving you that much trouble they should've used a taser on him. I don't see at any point on that video the man gave the cop a reason to shot him multiple times.

• They tasered him twice actually, but he never dropped. Still no reason to shoot, though.
      This video shows it.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBZPCDqymyo

• @AleDeEurope The thing I don't understand is how both of them didn't know he had a gun prior to all of that happening. They were called to the scene because he pulled out a gun and I thought officers were supposed to be let known if the suspect is armed and dangerous beforehand. I could see if they were quite a distance away from him and saw him reaching for something (gun), but the fact that they were in the process of restraining him doesn't make sense. All they had to do was keep him from getting a hold of it, not threaten to shot him if he trying because they were more than capable of making sure he couldn't. They both panicked and took the easy route by ending the man's life. The officer was close enough to shot him in the arm. Then to add insult to injury not only did he shot him more times than necessary but still pointed the gun at him as if he was still imminent threat when six bullets were lodged into his chest.

• yes and what kind of animal said no

• Smh I know right, but I think we all know what kind did vote unfortunately.

• I can't stand cops in general. Most of them are degenerate assholes.

• Yes. Though the guy resisted to the arrest (he was tasered twice I believe and never dropped to the ground), there was no reason to shoot.
    Force was necessary, but not shooting him.
    He had a gun, but he clearly couldn't use it due to having two cops on top of him.

I don't know if both cops should be convicted, but at least the one that shot him, yeah.

• Some people are too retarded to be apart of society. It's not so much the fact that the cops shot the dude. Ok, that's actually 99%, but these are the same dudes who are stupid enough to get caught on camera basically from start to finish. It's 1 thing if you shoot a dude, it's another if you abuse your power and get caught doing it... And people trust you to wield a weapon. That's like trusting a 5 year old with a flame thrower 😑. The least you can do is take the guy to a location no one could see and take the guy's cellphone.

• I don't know the details leading up to the case, I don't know what the circumstances were, what was said in that close proximity. I will not be on the jury, and I hold no opinion. I wasn't there and could not tell you what I would have done, so I am incapable of saying whether their actions were justified or over the line.

• The officers shouted Gun! He's got a gun! If he did have a gun in his hand, the officers were justified to shoot him.

• He never got to the gun because it was still in his pocket and was unable to withdraw it due to the cops trying to restrain him so at no point could he actually use the gun. Therefore the cop had no reason to shoot him, much less six times right into the chest.

• @jwhit I said IF he had a gun in his hand because I don't know the full story. If he didn't have a gun in his hand, it's quite obvious that the officers were wrong to shoot him.

• Yeah and I'm telling you he did, but was in no position to even withdraw it from his pocket seeing as he was being held to the ground.

• all I have are theories and confusion at the blood splatter.

• ye cops are such weak bitches can't even handcuff one guy lol

• Oh man oh man... Another dead man done by the police of USA.

• American courts determined that it's a cop's job to determine whether he has a reason to shoot or not.
    They'll be acquitted.

• That is not always the case.

• @Thisperson98 Only when a Grand Jury decides the cop shot without reason. Cops can't wait for a Grand Jury to decide whether to shoot or not.

What Girls Said 8

• This makes me mad, people like them demonise what is to be a police officer, they should be fired and prosecuted.

• Yes, they should be. They should be disciplined and retrained in how to accurately assess threats.
    What bothers me is that people so often seem to forget the kind of stresses police officers are under in these situations. Police don't usually have to draw their weapons a lot, and even less often do they discharge them. For these officers, this could easily have escalated, in their minds, into a life or death situation, and they reacted according to that.
    I think the fault lies with the system, and the training police officers receive. I don't think the officers should be treated as murderers, but I certainly believe they should be charged and retrained.

• Yes they should be prosecuted, and one cop stole something out of the victims pocket.

• Yes. Make sure he doesn't get the judge from the Standford rape case, either.

• Yes I do. That was so awful to watch.

• No I do not

• Sigh. No comment.

• The thing that pisses me off is that so many people will still deny there's a problem. It's disgusting what some people are allowed to get away with. And when it's not in public, they're allowed to get away with even more.