Is low self esteem a turn off for you?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if it doesn't result in whiny, insecure behavior. There's low self-esteem, and there's wallowing in low self-esteem. I've met both types of people and can't stand the latter. Constantly fishing for compliments, constantly calling yourself ugly, constantly acting like you're not good enough, those are all extremely unattractive.

Most Helpful Guy

• It wasn't but after dating a girl with terrible self esteem for a year under the foolish assumption that I could "fix" her, it kind of is now. Turn off is probably the wrong word for the occasion, but its hard for me to think of having a relationship with that person. But I suppose there isn't one answer for every relationship, more of a wait and see kind of thing

What Girls Said 14

• Low self esteem is ultimately a negative trait, but it doesn't necessarily get in the way of my attraction to someone. It can be endearing. But it's bad for the person who has it.

• It's one of my biggest turn offs.

• Yes. Always. There's nothing more annoying than someone who just can't accept who they are. Wanting to make improvements is fine but you can do that without all the self-loathing, trust issues and negativity.

• It depends, usually I think it's kinda cute. That being said, low self esteem shouldn't be encouraged. :)

• Low self esteem is a one way ticket into my friend zone. Confidence is more attractive.

• Yes it is, because it makes me feel uncomfortable and I will feel like I have to validate all the time

• depends. if I really love this guy I'd help him try to fix that
    and support him
    love can heal anything :))
    yes low self esteem will bother me abit but i will do my best to help him

• Yessss

• Yes its a big turn off but I love to encourage people who have low self esteem and encourage them to show them there awesome potential

• Not a turn off, but it's hard especially when trying to find chemistry and make a connection. It would be different if we already cared about each other and then the low self esteem came out later on.

• Depends on how low it is

• It's a turn off for most people, unless they're grooming you for abuse.

• It definitely is.

• if you show it a lot.. yes. I'm sorry but this is just from my perspective. 😊

What Guys Said 7

• Some what I don't like it when poeple insult themselves.

• I used to have low self esteem few years ago, so i'll definitely try to help her raise her self esteem if i could.

• no, I have problems with it myself so that would be hypocritical

• It's not a problem if it's under control most of the time.

• Nope.

• yes, it is.

• That depends on how it manifests itself.