• Yes
    56% (19)54% (15)55% (34)Vote
  • No
    44% (15)46% (13)45% (28)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
15|8

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if it doesn't result in whiny, insecure behavior. There's low self-esteem, and there's wallowing in low self-esteem. I've met both types of people and can't stand the latter. Constantly fishing for compliments, constantly calling yourself ugly, constantly acting like you're not good enough, those are all extremely unattractive.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It wasn't but after dating a girl with terrible self esteem for a year under the foolish assumption that I could "fix" her, it kind of is now. Turn off is probably the wrong word for the occasion, but its hard for me to think of having a relationship with that person. But I suppose there isn't one answer for every relationship, more of a wait and see kind of thing

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• Low self esteem is ultimately a negative trait, but it doesn't necessarily get in the way of my attraction to someone. It can be endearing. But it's bad for the person who has it.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's one of my biggest turn offs.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Always. There's nothing more annoying than someone who just can't accept who they are. Wanting to make improvements is fine but you can do that without all the self-loathing, trust issues and negativity.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends, usually I think it's kinda cute. That being said, low self esteem shouldn't be encouraged. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Low self esteem is a one way ticket into my friend zone. Confidence is more attractive.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes it is, because it makes me feel uncomfortable and I will feel like I have to validate all the time

0|1
    0|0
  • depends. if I really love this guy I'd help him try to fix that
    and support him
    love can heal anything :))
    yes low self esteem will bother me abit but i will do my best to help him

0|1
    0|0
  • Yessss

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes its a big turn off but I love to encourage people who have low self esteem and encourage them to show them there awesome potential

0|1
    0|0
  • Not a turn off, but it's hard especially when trying to find chemistry and make a connection. It would be different if we already cared about each other and then the low self esteem came out later on.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on how low it is

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a turn off for most people, unless they're grooming you for abuse.

0|1
    0|0
  • It definitely is.

0|1
    0|0
  • if you show it a lot.. yes. I'm sorry but this is just from my perspective. 😊

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Some what I don't like it when poeple insult themselves.

0|1
    0|0
  • I used to have low self esteem few years ago, so i'll definitely try to help her raise her self esteem if i could.

0|1
    0|0
  • no, I have problems with it myself so that would be hypocritical

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not a problem if it's under control most of the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes, it is.

0|1
    0|0
  • That depends on how it manifests itself.

0|1
    0|0