What are your thoughts on Novak Djokovic, that Serbian tennis player?

I personally can't stand the guy. He is very cocky and ugly and he thinks he is what the world was dying for to see. I am half Serbian, so I know the way people treat him here.

It is just INSANE they see a God in him. He even has his own STAMP and STREETS named after him. It is not his fault that people are kissing his ass, but he adds the fuel to the flame. He is also a very soar loser. Just like Taylor Swift. I can't stand egoistic thin skinned people like that. They win 99% of the time and when they lose once they are out of their mind and not respectful to the opponent at all. Ewwww! What are your thoughts on Novak Djokovic, that Serbian tennis player?

Yeah, sure! He is best at hitting a ball! BIG DEAL! It is sad how much attention he gets in Serbia, when the people who should be praised are scientists, humanitarians, poets, artists... This is so shallow and sick and is getting old AF.

AMIRITE?

• Yes, you r right.
  • No, you r not right.

Most Helpful Guy

• Completely disagree with you. First to judge him on his looks makes you seem shallow, really not a reason to dislike someone. Also I don't know if he or anyone is "what the world has been dying to see" but no one can deny his recent dominance is very impressive. As far as treating him like a god, who else would Serbians idolize? Can't think of a whole lot of people from Serbia that are well known or bring the kind of publicity to the country that Novak does. He has actually become very gracious in defeat. Last years French Open final loss comes to mind. He was complimentary of Stan Wawrinka and the crowd showed appreciation to Novak for being so respectful. Also, not really sure what Taylor Swift has to do with this discussion. She's a singer, singers don't win or lose, they sing. Also, the way you say "big deal" to him being the best at hitting a ball shows you don't have a real appreciation for the sport and maybe shouldn't be commenting on it.

• He's definitely much better than he used to be! He was exceedingly emotional in years past. Terribly sore loser at the start of his career.

• Yeah, and I think it's really important to acknowledge how far he's come. I know that a lot of athletes are huge perfectionists and get in their heads too much. It must be hard to divorce yourself from caring so much about winning to be able to be a good sport if you lose. Many of these players start out young as well, so they don't necessarily have the emotional maturity yet to get there.

• @LaVilaine absolutely. Emotional maturity is of huge importance in tennis, especially at the pro level. That's why a guy like Fed or Rafa are adored by so many, because they display that maturity no matter the outcome. That's also why a guy like Murray isn't exactly considered as part of that group, he's all good till things don't go his way and then he starts crying to the ref or to his box. Then again you make a good point how it must be difficult to separate caring about winning and being a good loser. I play competitively and I will admit that I get angry sometimes. Its not good to do, but the competitive spirit in me wants to win. All competitive players have that drive to win, so emotions are understandable but pros are held to a higher standard and I think Novak's realized that as he has improved in that area over the past few years. Now if only Murray would take a lesson from Novak I could maybe stand to watch some of his matches :-D

Most Helpful Girl

• You are totally right, I can't stand him, he is such a snob.

What Guys Said 19

• He's come a long way. Yes more graceful in defeat these days.
    I remember very early on in his career he lost to a player - Lleyton Hewitt who was ranked very high at the time. Hewitt defeated him and in doing so used his self motivating catch cry "come on!" a few times.

I distinctly remember Djokovic complaining about it in the post match press conference, not realising Hewitt was saying it to himself.

• Why can't we downvote questions again?

• I don't know much about him personally, but he is one of the best tennis players out there. It must suck being a world class athlete because everything you do is under a microscope and they have no room for error in any facet of their life.

• Umm there's always a reason when majority of people like one thing...
    Try to find it
    or maybe you're right

• I have absolutely no thoughts on this whatsoever

• I don't like him either. I'm just a fan of Federer.

• Well lance armstrong springs to mind! say no more?

• Wow if Serbian women look like you then I'm booking a plane ticket there right nos

• I don't care either way.

• Too cocky but he has earned the right for being one

• You are half a nationality?

• dont like him either prefer murray lmao

• I like him and he's done a lot for tennis.

• Hater in the house lol

• You ain't responsible, I know , but how dare you call me names and abuse me for being hairy?
    Thats not done. Don't take so much pride in your beauty and hairlessness, nothing is permanent you know, you can anytime get hormonal imand grow excess hair even on face, chest or butt 😂😉😃
    Enjoy being hairy when it happens to you
    A HAIRY fucked up girl whom even the most ugly man won't want to look at 😉

• yes you are right babe

• I like arrogance sometimes. He's arrogant because he thinks he's the best? But if it's true then is it arrogance? I wouldn't call him arrogant. He's a lethal player who can practically anyone over and over. Sometimes people are soar losers because they aren't use to losing

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• uhm in what world is he ugly? xD

• He's much better since he and his wife (girlfriend?) had their baby. I think he's also had some coaching from a publicist/PR manager because he's way less arrogant than he used to be. Killer serve on the man too.

• Its his wife, Jelena Djokovic. She has the same last name anyway so I'm assuming they're married haha.

• Novak is related to my boyfriend. He's nothing like you describe him. It's easy to judge appearance with the little media coverage we as viewers get, but personal contact is totally different.

• He's not even that cute