Have you ever called in to a radio program?

Have you ever called in to a radio program and spoken to someone on the air? What program was it and what did you talk about? Or if it was a music station, what song did you request?

The most recent one I did was a couple of months ago. I called the Dana and Parks program. Every Friday at 5:00, they have a segment called Festivus Friday, during which people call in and voice (or "air") their grievances.

My grievance was against every single driver along a certain stretch of road near where my parents live and it's only one lane each way. I don't know what about that road compels people to drive at least five miles under the speed limit, but it does and THEY DO! Argh!

Anyway, that was the most recent time I called in. One of my friends texted me after hearing it and said "that was very specific".

Have you ever called a radio program?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lots of times, ever since I got a phone in my bedroom when I was 10. My brother and I used to call to request songs and such, but that was like 15 years ago. Now song requests are done online or through text (at least at most stations here in Toronto). But I have called into contests, and have been pretty lucky. I recently won front row tickets to Adele in October, in Toronto!!! I've also won money, gift cards, and other prizes through contests - like where you have to answer 10 questions in a minute or recognize 1 second snippets of a song, etc.

I would totally call in to "Festivus Friday", hahaha! That is awesome. I like airing my grievances. I would even go for something like what Peter Griffin did with "You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q685Ko2DHDs

• That's pretty awesome. I never watched Family Guy on an active basis, so I'm not too familiar with it.

• Thanks for MH!

Yeah I don't watch Family Guy as much as I watch the Simpsons, but that particular episode is one of my favourites.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have never called in a radio show but I host one every other month with a good friend of mine. We mostly talk about current events, domestic politics, sometimes a bit of culture... things like that.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes I have, I told him I wanted to listen to a song" gone through the river and I come clean, got new clothes to cover me and you don't wear your old shoes on your brand new feet". I am not sure the lyrics were correct but he played the song right away for me. I will always remember that

• What song was it? Did you have to recite lyrics to get them to play it?

• Yes. When I was younger I called into the radio stations to win tickets all the time.

• No, but a few of my interactions with the DJs on Facebook were read aloud.

One was on St. Patrick's Day about what they said was an Irish blessing (May the cat eat you and may the devil eat the cat - this is a flowery way of telling someone to go fuck themselves but they thought it was like "may your troubles be lessened.") and the second time was about my plans for Valentines Day. I had a linear algebra midterm so it wasn't a fun day.

• No never tried that.

• As I work for the fire service, they (radio stations) very often phone us for reports and updates on various incidents.

• i've tried

• Lol I've never done that

What Guys Said 8

• I've called into sports radio a few times. Once was to argue against the whole world going bananas about some high school basketball coach who let his team beat the other team 100-0, and he got FIRED over it. Everyone was trashing the guy, and I thought it was bullshit. These were like 15-16 year old kids first of all... if you can't take a beating in a sporting event by that age, then your psyche is too fragile for real life, I'm sorry. Basically I said it does the kids a disservice to forfeit, or ask the other team to let up (who had already put in the scrubs and was letting them bring the ball upcourt, they simply missed their shots and rebounds, and the other team didn't), and told a story about how I started playing football at 8 or 9 back in the late 80s, and we lost every single game that year, usually like 40-0, and we only scored once all season. It didn't break me, it made me stronger, and taught me to pick myself up after a loss (sports or otherwise) and get back to work and try to be better next time. I would change nothing about that experience. But soft ass people today think kids need to be bubble wrapped physically and emotionally, and that's bullshit. Anyway, the goody two shoes host compared me to the evil sensei in Karate Kid (the REAL one, not the Jayden Smith garbage🙄) and basically said I'm the worst person ever, because he's soft and is part of the problem.

Another time I called to talk about how masterfully Bill Belichick works with draft picks and capitalizes on the excitement of other teams about college prospects and trades them for known quantities that fill a need and don't cost as much as unproven prospects who may or may not pan out, and will command more money that they don't know if they even deserve yet. Talked for quite a few minutes and got a "great call" from the host after we hung up.😎

Then there was the time I don't remember that well, but I called when I was half in the bag right after the Red Sox won the World Series in 2013, haha. Same guy who said "great call" before, but this time I got started, was slurring like, "I don't know, man, I'm TANKED right now but all these armchair GMs who said we should have signed Josh Hamilton in the offseason... SHUT UP! Where's he right now? Been working on his short game on the golf course the past month! You think you know better? Shut... UPPP!!!", and they hung up on me real quick, hahaha

They have a text line that I text all the time too, they read the funny ones on air.

• I called into a Catholic radio station when they had an "apologist" on their taking questions from listeners. I asked him the following question:

"If the church can no longer deny human evolution, then how does the teaching of original sin hold up without the biblical creation story being a literal truth?"

"*silence*... ummmmm I'm sorry what was you're question?"

I tried repeating the question but halfway through they cut to commercial. I wasn't even mad though I laughed so fucking hard I nearly wrecked😂

• nope, and not planning to do it

• Yes.

• I do frequently.

• No, I haven't.

• nope

• Not me but my brother did when we were young.