Do you like the country you live in, why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahahahahaha no. We have Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as the two people we can choose to be our president. We have police shooting and killing people for basically no reason. We have a messed up government who blames everybody but themselves. We supposedly have "rights and freedom" yet nobody actually has rights or freedom. We have to pay for college when other countries have free education. We spend the rest of our lives paying for things that should be free. Health care, student loans, etc...

We should have a sign that says, "Welcome to America where everything thats promised to you is one big lie. Enjoy your stay!"

What Guys Said 12

• Yes, over all I really like my country. Life quality is the second-best in the world (according to the OECD): our crime rate is extremely low, as is the unemployment rate. We have very good public universities, good health care, relative social equality, no real poverty and lots of beautiful nature. Also, we don't have the kind of political or religious polarization that troubles countries like the US. Our direct democracy ensures that everyone gets a fair say and Swiss people trust their government quite a lot. Finally, I also like the fact that in Switzerland, things simply work. For example when you look up a train and it says that the train will arrive or depart at 11:36, it won't be 11:35 or 11:37, it will be 11:36. I also like that our cities and towns are super clean. When I go to cities in France, Germany or Italy, I sometimes wonder if their city governments don't employ any cleaning crews because everything is always so dirty.

Two things I don't like about Switzerland are the fact that everything is very expensive and the fact that Swiss people, in general, can be very conservative when it comes to social issues (for European standards I mean). I think here one can really see that we're still mountain-people deep in our hearts. Swiss people don't really like change, they want everything to stay just the way it has always been. In some cases, this can be very beneficial (for example that we don't pick up any stupid new trend from the US or Germany) but it can also be annoying, for example when Swiss people still discuss if gay marriage is harmful for our society. And it's not even that we have religious nutcases like in the US, it's a much more stubborn type of conservativism. Basically, conservative Swiss people just argue "I don't have anything against gay people but for the past hundreds of years, we didn't have gay marriage and I want things to remain as they have always been". That kind of attitude can be really annoying.

• its a love/hate relationship i have with south korea.. beautiful women and amazing food make me love it... but the xenophobes and some little cultural habits are starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth

• Yes im UK although there are things i dont like i think im pretty lucky when i see places like syria on the news etc

• ... Interesting.

• yes because you have freedom. hows it in the usa?

• i live in Canada, were like the hippie country of the world so its pretty awesome :)

• It's wonderful living here. UAE

• yea i do because it ain't getting bombed or having mass shootings

• I'm not pleased with America currently, so many political and social differences to separate us. All the violence is crazy too.

• yes. I consider myself lucky having been born here

• Yes because you're in it.

• i dont like nowadays

What Girls Said 10

• Yeah, I like. Every country has it's up and downs. Over here it's not as nice as some other countries I've been to, but better than most.

• I live in America and really like it. No complaints really.

• No, it functions on a hypocritical system that's determined to destroy itself from the bottom up.

• Yes because its not like America :P.

• Yes, I do. People like to complain here, but life is good, public entertainment is good, jobs are OK, payment is OK. Only the weather sucks a lot :-)

• I like it. But I wish they would stop building all over it.

And it's a mess at the moment.

• I live in the USA and I have a love-hate relationship with it. It's more likely about the state where I live in.

• No I don't like it.

I LOVE IT! ❤️🇺🇸

• i like it because there are more attractive men than in any other country

• It is ok. Great food, cultural but pathetic leaders!