Do you think muscular guys tend to be stupid?

Not trying to a bitch at all but it seems like everytime I meet a muscular guy they don't really have the best conversation list or any formal education. Most of them are hot but I don't think I could ever date one.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol, I get it. A lot of guys fit the stereotype and I would know because I'm around it all the time... but you shouldn't excuse everyone off as stupid. The guys who actually have physiques are the intelligent ones. It's not just lifting heavy ass shit and putting it back on the ground. There is a lot of science and strategy that is involved in bodybuilder.

I have tattoos and I'm 6"1 230 lbs lean. I'm at the point where people will point fingers at me when I walk around depending on what I'm wearing. When I tell people I'm now a 3rd year engineering student they are always surprised.

Was at the airport the other day waiting for one of my friends. I ended up having a conversation with a neurologist and we discussed politics, how universities and our education system is collapsing. We discussed engineering... Innovation.. etc. When I went to take off finally- he told me you're one of the more intelligent people that I've met and that in itself surprised him. I asked why and he told me straight up and I just sort laughed and said that's fine.

I wasn't mad at all honestly. I get used to the stereotypes and I often embrace them just for the fun of it because lettuce be real here... you said we are hot. It's a lot of fun having a lot of casual sex and acting like neanderthal sometimes lol.

I've also come to find girls will often get rejected by guys like us and they try and blow off their insecurities by saying shit like this. Other guys are intimidated and jealous as fuck. They constantly try to size me up saying things like "Oh bodybuilders are weak.. they just look pretty with wearing a thong on stage.. I do MMA" It's just fucking comical because it's almost always out of context. It really rustles their jimmies up when I say "Oh shit man.. that's awesome I used to wrestle in high school... MMA takes a lot of skill" Shuts them down so quickly lol.

Cliffs of the story..
    -Not everyone who is muscular has an IQ below room temperature.

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha yes I say the same thing, just yesterday this steroid moron threw a 100 pound dumbbell across the gym, it almost hit me and if it had I would've fucking murdered his ass. They don't have anything educational to say, except tits and ass. That's what I hear from the meatheads at my gym.

What Guys Said 17

• Well, I regularly work out at the gym and a good handful of people there don't make a particularly intelligent impression on me.

I'm a university student nonetheless and I have observed that people tend to think you're unintelligent just because you are visibly muscular.
    I personally also do archery, a sport that requires lots of strength and I totally sucked at ball sports like soccer when I was little.

I also see no purpose in pursuing a sport where you just keep on winning and winning and so on.

The purpose I see in working out is constant self-improvement and experiencing one's own boundaries and acquiring the willpower to challenge oneself over and over again.

It's a sport I'm good at and I believe investing time in working out is beneficial for your health in general.

One who demands great performance from their brain must condition their body to support its brain.

• No not at all, in fact it's quite the opposite guys with really physiques are actually very intelligent because bodybuilding is not just lugging and lifting around heavy weights like robots all day. It's actually quite scientific and there is a lot of science, strategy and knowledge that goes into building that kind of physiques. Now with that being said there are a lot of meatheads that lift weights but you can tell the intelligent ones from the idiots pretty easily.

For instance I have a fairly good physique and I'm not at all in idiot, I just passed my courses and became a professional training a while back and the stuff you have to learn to be able to build a good physique is well a lot more then you'd think. There is nutritional, mathematical equations, several scientific fields you have to study. As well as full knowledge of human and muscular biology, physiology and anatomy even down to the cellular level among many other things. And a lot of that knowledge is what these really big guys know as well. And on top of that I study politics, I'm a art apprentice, martial artist in several different styles, and a swordsmen and I study history for fun. So not exactly a stupid individual.

@Fearless_Banana
    Below me is a engineering student, and consultantisback a guy that used to be on here, he is a consultant for a big company in real life and handles a wide variety of things for the company it's a hard job.

I also know quite a few smart individuals who are bodybuilders or who workout regularly, a combat medic in the military a marine, a factory foreman a guy, a cop, detective and even a lawyer.

If we ever at all act like that meatheads you think we are it's because we play along with the stereotypes and have fun with them. Not all muscular guys are idiots lol.

• The phrase work hard , play hard comes to mind.
    Now just speaking from personal experience but most of the muscular dudes tends to be in engineering , or some prestige business major.
    I don't think you can make it in those faculties by being stupid.

• You would be surprised.

• So many people in my program bought their way in and coasted through by cheating. We all knew they were cheating but couldn't prove it so they were allowed to graduate.

• Not necessarily stupid as in less intelligent than me but people who care very much about their looks usually tend to be pretty superficial. This however is also true for women. Working out a little bit to stay healthy is commendable, going to the gym every other day with the purpose of looking hot and picking up more girls is - in my humble opinion - vain.

• Not necessarily dumb but they are almost always arrogant assholes.

• Maybe if they are meatheads who just workout all the time since they have nothing else going on in life. But both my brother and I are quite strong, built men and we're both highly intelligent.

• There are millions of muscular guys in the world. You just met maybe maximum 1000 thousand muscular guys. I made up. Maybe this is your maximum limit. But there are millions of them all around the world. I know some strong muscular guy who is my friend and they are really smart. Believe me.

• Don't forget arrogant, macho, conceited, and egotistical.

• I haven't noticed that, they're more boring than stupid.

• They are more times than not devoid of personality and imagination, Then outright stupid.
    Dumbness comes in all shapes and sizes.

• I wouldn't say its all of them but i no doubt have met a few meat heads in my life

• Who u iz calling stupidz? :v
    I'm muscular... and not stupid... checkmate :v

• Someone can't get laid

• Most of the time, not all the time. I'm speaking from experience. I've met a lot of people that just dedicate their lives to the gym. All they think about and talk about it.

• i think it's cuz they don't give a fuck about talking. they are focussed on GAINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Most of the times yes some are really intelligent though

• There's no correlation.

If anything I'd say it's a defense mechanism that girls create to deal with rejection.
    Kind of like when you girls say that guy is way too hot, he has to be gay.
    You're practically saying the same thing, his body looks so good, there's no way he could be smart.

What Girls Said 9

• Nope.
    It takes a smart person to understand how to build muscle mass, especially large amounts.
    Most people are too stupid to even realize to lose weight you can't eat junk food and sit on the couch playing video games.

• Eh when @fearless_banana isn't trolling he seems pretty smart.

I don't really ever see any correlation between muscle mass and stupidity

• The ones I've met not really however thats the stereotype so it comes from somewhere? lol.

• Not all, but I would say majority, like probably 90%, based on my experience.

• they can school u with info about glycemic index

• 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Actually yeah. But they're so damn fuckable.

• There's no correlation

• I think that's a stereotype