Can you understand the hook of this song as a native English speaker?

The hook starts at 00:30 ... Can you understand it, my listening is bad in English but I think many native English speakers can't understand this too:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Ifxpuhqdf7

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like " love and hate, joy and pain, war and peace, the sun and the rain, sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what the hood is made of" then repeat.

• wooow man maybe you are right and that's true. and I've been listening to this song for 10 years from the ps2 final fight game, without understanding and knowing it's lyrics lol!

• ( the first verse from the vocaroo not the song btw) I can't tell very well so I will get some of this wrong but it sounds like "that's the local shopping mall we call it the swap meet, we copped/got shoes and socks, khakis and white Tees, knockoff throwbacks with thirty two teams, buffalino shoes and them LA gate jeans. Big booty women what's up they an abundance, walking alone you'll walk out with five numbers, careful when you come out
      duck the streets you surrounded by the bloods, the crips and esse's. Hungry yet Imma show you where to kick it ghetto bird chicken two piece and one biscuit, strawberry soda, fries
      all the? add a sauce? of honey welcome to hood livin.

• thank you so much for your effort, I will choose MHO for you 24 hours later.

What Girls Said 1

• I can understand it for the most part, the quality is crap so it's semi hard to make out. If it were in better quality I'd understand it completely.

• I read and write in English a lot, even speaking is easy to practice, but I don't know how to practice listening, even though I listened to hundreds of English songs, or I watched lots of English movies. Does this count as a listening practice?

• It actually does, watching English shows, movies, and listening to music definitely counts as practice. Another way is by speaking to a native English speaker on a regular basis, so you'll be used to how things are pronounced and different ways people say things.

What Guys Said 6

• Fairly sure its:
    Love and hate, joy and pain, war and peace, the sun and the rain, sugar and spice and everything nice. That's what the hood is made of

• can you also understand the first verse? the only word I understand in the first verse is "big booty" lol

• Rap is not music, so this really isn't a song. It is a poor recording and the only words I understood were "love and hate."

• I think your ears are getting worse old timer just like your thoughts on what's real music.

• Right. I get it. It's still more of an opinion, though, but yeah.

It doesn't really mean anything. I tend to use my real name on pretty much any site, but I didn't want to do that on here, so I was left without any name to use. This was a random thing I came up with that could not be associated with any of my other profiles online.

• @93stepsawayfromhome Nice! I understand wanting to be anonymous.

• Love and hate
    Joy and pain
    War and peace
    The sun and the rain (?)
    Sugar and spice
    And everything nice
    That's what the world is made of

I managed to make this out quite easily. I'm not a native English speaker but I do speak it fluently.

• i guess the hook is everyone should be nice but im not much into that kind of music so i could have lost its meaning some how while listening to it.

• Yeah, it's pretty easy to understand

• how can I improve my listening skills? :( I never understood these English lyrics by just listening for the last 14 years. by the way I'm learning English for the last 5 years

• Listen to it and get a the lyrics and start saying it. Once you are able to say it comfortably, then listen to the song. You probably need a better audio version. That's the only way you can get better at speaking and understanding a language

• I can't understand... lots of songs are like that anyway