Do believe people change and have you been changed into a new person?

Do you think people change or can change? Have you changed? How so?

• Yes of course people change, I have too
  • Nah, people stay the same

Most Helpful Guy

• I would believe that most people change. There is a saying that "the only thing constant is change."

Most Helpful Girl

• people change all the time- physically, mentally, and emotionally!

What Guys Said 17

• humans are ever evolving. a human that doesn't change is really not a human at all

• People slowly become more mature but their basic personality traits remain constant. People have the capacity to change but very few ever change in any significant ways.

• really? see i ask because im not many years behind you in gag terms and i feel i have changed completely several times during my life and i know others that think the same about themselves. i know i certainly dont have the same personality i have always had with only a couple of traits remaining the same

• @wankiam What you say may be true, and you may be the exception. Sometimes, when we examine our own lives, we magnify the things we have changed and minimize the things we have not changed, so we conclude that we have changed more than we actually have changed. How do others view your transformation?

• couldnt answer that really as with the changes i have changed the people i associate with so no one has seen the full story but me

• It's very rare. That said, I did see a video by a psychologist that made what is to me a very true and in fact profound statement:

Change only occurs as the result of a profound emotional event.

• Yeah, people change all the time but they're normally small changes. Something really important has to happen in your life in order for a big change to happen.

• People cannot change. Their priorities however, can.

• society changes a person. when they become subject to certain things and individuals, a person becomes desensitized to whats going on around them.

• More often than not, people change for the worse. Because everyone starts off optimistic, and then as reality becomes more apparent their optimism is replaced by cynicism and hatred.

• Change is the only thing that's constant.

• People change for better or worse.

• People rarely change at the core.

• Well, this isn't entirely true. People change cores a few times during their lives but tend to maintain some semblance of their old selves.

• Completly changing? Idon't know, but you can change you traits at least as i already did that.

• People change and can change. I've seen so myself. I have also changed and for the better too.

• both are sort of true

• Of course people change... Everyone does. Everything does

• Yeah I'm a cpmpletely different person to who I was before uni

• Change in lifestyle and grow up a bit but people never change their personality

• I will never understand why women think people can change.

What Girls Said 11

• People I Feel, Who have Another sort of Outlook, Experience, in their own Life, Good or Bad, Can Make them "Change." @phil2, and Others who have done Bad, can "Change" for the Good, especially if something in their Life has Taught them a Little Lesson in Life.
    I do "Change" from time to time, which is what Makes me a More Wise Individual, with having a Few Lessons in Life, Teach me as well.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• I went from a very passive, quiet, docile young lady to a fiery, passionately-in-your-face and shamelessly weird wacko so yes, people change.

• The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw your question was the song "People Change" - by For king and country (it's a really good song, reccomend that you give it a listen).
    My answer to this is : yes
    There are many theories in psychology about the personality, and many of them suggest that people do not change much throughout their lives, while others say that change is possible.
    My personal take on it is that certain aspects of your personality are hard to really change (like whether you are an introvert or an extrovert), but other qualities and desires are more prone to change (like temperment, your view of life, et..).
    My personal change happened when I embraced Christianity two years ago. I was a whole different person than what I am now, and I am quite content with it ^‿^

• People CAN change, but it doesn't happen every time.

• Yes, i think people change. But those who change in a negative way hurt me the most.

• I've definitely (DRASTICALLY) changed within the last couple of years. And honestly it's for the better. Everyone eventually changes, it's apart of life.

• I know they can, and I think that's one of the reasons we're here, to grow and learn haha. Here's a great example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lxz3GHP59Y

• No. People don't change in the long run unless something really really really life changing happened. Otherwise, no. People stay who they are.

• All people change. Time and life, they don't give us much of a choice.

• Some people do change. Its not always for the better though. I also know people who haven't changed when they really need to. I've changed a little, I am way more assertive when I need to be instead of letting people try to walk all over me. Im still a calm person just dont piss me off or try to take advantage of me.

• I think as children we all basically start with a set of principals and lessons we learn from authority figures. It's why most children are very loving---they haven't been taught anything but friendship and love (unless they are in a bad situation), but over time, we all acquire more skills, more knowledge, more hurt, more pain, more adventure, more love, more hate, whatever else that guides the way we eventually choose to evolve and change. Now the level of change is different for everyone. Is someone at 25 going to go from raving racist to loving pacifist by 30, not likely, but possible. Is someone at 25 going to go from being totally immature to being a responsible adult married with kids at 30, happens all the time.