Can my city do this to me?

Well I live in Michigan. So my mom and I live in a house that we rent. Our landlords aren't doing nothing around here. The city did a inspection last September and the landlords failed it. Need new windows because of fire hazard. And they still didn't fix it. We filed two complaints to the city. The city didn't help the first Time. The second time they said they are gunna call us back. We went to city hall today and asked about it. The lady who works there said we are gunna get kick out. this city literally sucks. You can't ride bicycles on the sidewalk. What if people get killed? Can someone help me... I literally exploded

And yes my mom and I pay rent.

Most Helpful Guy

• Start finding a new place asap. Give your landlords ultimatum, if the windows aren't fixed by xyz you're leaving. You don't ride bycicles on the pavements because its a nuisance for pedestrians.

City Hall is obliged to enforce regulations, if within certain period those issues are not resolved for the safety of the residents they can force to evict them. Technically they'll be punishing the landlords so they are unable to make any rent unless they fix it. City Hall has no choice but to do it, its your lousy landlords.

I would suggest finding a new place asap while the weather is decent.

What Guys Said 6

• well they are kicking you out because the landlord failed to fix the place. the city is doing so out of obligation.

so look for a new place OR tell your landlord that he will have a vacancy if he doesn't fix the place up yesterday

• The city cannot force the landowner to correct conditions on the property; all they can do is condemn the property and not allow anyone to live there. That forces the landowner to correct the problems unless it is not economically feasible.

• Talk to a lawyer but that's going cost money

• so have you not been paying the rent?

• We have every month.

• They are always busy. And lazy on weekends

• looks like you are moving then but you never know, it may be a good thing

• — "You can't ride bicycles on the sidewalk."
    Isn't that… normal?

• depends on the law

What Girls Said 0