How do I ask for two weeks off from a job I just got?

Ideally I wish I got this job earlier so I can prove myself as a valuable employee then it would be easier for two weeks off. For the past year and a half my sister and I have been planning to go to Europe for two weeks. I would have to double check with my sister because everything is not completely set in stone plus I think she mentioned leaving a few days before we take our flight to Europe to drive to San Francisco and leave from the San Fran airport or leave from Reno-Tahoe international, fly to San Fran then take the flight to London. We get back the eighth of September.

My boss is super nice and works around his employees schedule. My brother is here for the summer then goes to a different state to go to school and he made a deal with my boss that my brother gets laid off the semesters he is away at school but will go to work during the summer and winter semesters.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honest i would just talk to them about it and discuss the plans were made long before you got the job

Most Helpful Girl

• Is it already paid for?

When you apply for a job you're supposed to tell them when you have events coming up, so they can take that into consideration.

• My brother works there and he was able to get me the job. My boss asked my brother questions about me and had already decided to give me the job before my interview. Yesterday my boss called me to say I got the job and wanted me to come in so we can meet and schedule my hours.

• If you haven't already met to schedule your hours then bring it up at that time.

What Guys Said 5

• Just tell em your parents live in Europe, and both were killed by ISIS.

• You should've mentioned it when you applied. However, I'm sure that if you ask very politely, but firmly, he'll be willing to grant you the time off. Enjoy Europe!

• It's awkward and does give the best first impression, but I think you'll get away with it, just work Super hard when you get back

• Just ask.

• "My dads dying, can I take two weeks off."

Get dad on board, fool proof.

What Girls Said 0