What is something Interesting that you learned today?

So as the title says!:)

Today I learned quite a few things that are interesting but I'll just pick 1:p

The sounds of your heart are cause by your Valves (Tricuspid, Mitral, Aortic, Pulmonary) comtracting. How weird is that? I thought it was cool just because I never knew that. Lol! 😝

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• I'm learning Korean because my girlfriend comes from South Korean and in Korean, there are all kinds of interesting and strange adjectives for tastes, smells and tactile sensations that are almost untranslatable in English or my native tongue, German. One such expression I've learned today is "고소해" ("Goh-soh-hae"). This word (which is both a verb and an adjective at the same time) describes a taste that comes close to being bitter but isn't bitter. You basically feel this slightly tingling sensation on your tongue that reminds you of bitterness but it's too weak to be called bitter. Koreans sometimes use the word to speak about the taste of soy milk or sesame seeds.

My personal favorite, however, is "푹신해" ("Puhk-shin-hae"). This word can roughly be translated with "soft" or "cushiony" but these English translations don't quite hit it. My girlfriend described it as "the both enjoyable and unpleasant feeling you get when you walk over a thick layer of wet seaweed on a beach and you sink into it a bit without actually sinking into it". When I first heard this, I just thought "wow... uhm... that's rather specific" ;-).

• Apparently people can accidentally suck a dick.

• well , you should also know that listening to these sounds , doctors diagnose various diseases. and in the past when there was no stethoscope , doctors usually listened to it through bare chests , and the doctor that invented stethoscope had to becoz there is a girl who was dieing and yet refused to let him do that !!! lol , she was too shy !

• That there were not several groups of snipers in Dallas as I heard yesterday but just one guy.

• Thats pretty cool. You becoming a heart surgeron?

I learned that you used to be outgoing!

• uniform variables, more file I/O, implementing textures with OpenGL
    no regrets

• I'm still useless as ever

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Yes I leaned that kindness kills hate <3 <3 <3

• That's my mother will always prefer my sister...

• I get headaches if I stay inside all day :(