Why does this hurt so badly?

I got into an argument with a guy tonight because I told him I was angry that he blew me off last night for a date without any explanation. He then started calling me names which didn't really bother me until he brought my physical appearance into the mix. He said he's glad I reacted like this because he didn't know if he could have had sex with a chubby girl. I'm not sure why that hurt so much but I basically balled my eyes out for 5 or 10 minutes. I know I'm chubby but it made me feel like I wasn't attractive at all and that no guy would ever want to be with me since I'm overweight. Even though he said much worse things to me that's what stung the most and I'm not sure why.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know why he reacted that way. A certain person on this site said offensive to me and I cried and cried. I never knew why someone from the Internet could hurt me so much. But I am sending hugs. Maybe since tomorrow is the weekend, you can have a day to yourself so that by the end of the day, you will feel beautiful. Like an at home spa day, wear your favorite outfit for just cause, go to your favorite place on earth (mine is the library) get your favorite drink from a cool coffee house, wear some killer shoes for just cause especially since they just gather dust in your closet, get a movie, or binge watch a Netflix show lately I have watching Scrubs, I could go on and on but you should take a day off to do what you want all day tomorrow so you'll feel good.

What Guys Said 13

• Chubby or not every person has attractive features. You should be proud of the way you look and not let anyone bother you, and quite frankly get rid of that boy if he hurt you because it seems like he had no consideration at all. I see this a lot girls are criticized of the smallest things and believe it is bigger than it is but that's just society I'm sure there's something you could say about him

• he was an asshole, dont pay any attention to him, chubby girls are very sexy and stunning, specially you. so dont worry

• Blow him off. He isn't worthy of you.

• You seem fine to me. I dont understand what exactly happen between you two but you are definitely cute.

• Well thanks :) he just kept blowing me off when we would make plans and I finally got fed up and said something which he obviously didn't like

• Why cry over such a douchebag? There are so many nice guys out there. Leave him on a heartbeat.

• I'm having a hard time finding a nice guy these days lol

• Yeah I'm not looking for anything really right now since I'm about to start college. I just hope I end up with a nice guy who knows how to treat a woman.

• Yes. You want to meet a guy who respects women, and a guy who'll help you grow as a better person. There are many guys like that, so don't rush. Good luck in school!

• That's not true... You look preety.. A little chubby but its ok... He is just a jerk.. If he says that to you

• Find a better guy? If he was that quick to start making fun of you probably don't want to sleep with him

• Well, you could have said that you'll eat him alive😁

• He is an asshole, don't talk to him anymore.

• I already blocked him and deleted him from my contacts since he wouldn't stop sending me rude messages

• That is good... he probably thought acting like that would get you to like him more. Being an asshole can only get you so far.

• Your beautiful and unique, don't study that guy

• He wasn't worth your time & especially tears.
    You found out he's an ass early on, that's good.
    Guys say mean things so they think they won or one up-ed an argument.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• Insults targeted at insecurities hurt the most.
    If you feel bad about something about yourself, it's so much worse to know someone else dislikes it too.

• God, I got called ugly a million times even by people close to me.

You'd be crying for hours if you were me.

• Women are touchy about their weight hun, it's always the same

• Fuck him!

• Sometimes the best answer is the simple short one. Like this one.

• Why would you be upset with someone who has a low IQ? Someone who is smart will never comment on other person weight. Don't worry he wasn't worth of your time. If you aren't satisfied with your body you can start working out daily. But if you like the way you look don't be bothered with worthless comments

• so lose weight and people will stop calling you name and find you ugly.