Before you were born if god gave you two choices: born or not what would you pick?

• I would prefer to be born
  • I would prefer not to be born

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be ataturk

What Girls Said 3

• I very much like being alive, so, yes, I love being born and would make the choice to.
    Maybe the future would be nice though. Maybe we'll be better as a species by then.

• Born of course

• It depends on how much I would know at that point on what life would really be like.

Is earth my only option? Bc I'd rather be born an alien smh

What Guys Said 14

• If born as in the way I currently am now? As a sentient being consisting and made out of flesh, blood, and bone? Then I rather had NOT been. This just isn't what I truly wanted, not what I had demanded for, nor did I ever asked for it.

I really do not believe that it was some other being's (such as "god" or "gods") choice that enabled and "created" me, I only know and believe that it is because of my parents choice (I couldn't have a say), because they WANTED to and because they COULD bring me into existence into this worlds and also because they chose to keep me alive rather than abandoned me long long ago, and at many times I very much wished they had.

WHY? Because This is NOT the fucking way I want to be, NOT the fucking way I want to exist, not even marginally or remotely close.

So how would I rather have existed as? If I had really was given choices and options to begin with, then I would NEVER had wanted to be a sentient being consisting of flesh, blood and bone as there are very little to no real advantages because there are just WAY TOO DAMN MANY VULNERABILITIES and MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS. The Bad things here in this world and the bad things and DISADVANTAGES of being a mere mortal human being greatly 'outweighs' any Advantages or "good" things, but oh well I'm here now, no other options, other than I check out early or I suffer through it and see how things play out and how my story ends.

If there had been enough options on exactly how I WANT to exist as, then I rather had been built and designed differently as in a sentient being consisting of virtually "NO BIO ORGANIC" components. A being that is virtually incapable of feeling any kinds of pain and suffering. Immune to all pain, all suffering (including boredom) and all death.

I rather had been designed and created as a sentient and self-aware being that that is very intelligent and adaptive, although completely neutral with zero capacity for aggression or possibility of aggressive behavior, and made out of something vastly more invulnerable and durable (I don't know, maybe made out of dark matter or something like powerful nano-machines) and requires very little to almost no maintenance, have the capability to virtually go wherever I wanted to go, or needed to be (teleportation) and completely invulnerable and will last indefinitely for all eternity unless and if for any reason the entire universe itself "dies" or "collapse" or became destroyed some how, ideally, for most part anyway.

• Well, if I were told I would be born into a body with certain profound disabilities, then no. Otherwise...

Permit we to paraphrase Richard Dawkins (who I think is kind of a jerk sometimes).

Imagine you were on a spaceship in hibernation searching for a planet to live on. Your spaceship finds a planet that can support human life. You emerge from the spaceship onto a planet with blue skies. A beautiful planet with waterfalls, rainbows, exotic and wonderful animals and plants, blue green oceans, majestic mountains, and so on. Why you'd bless your luck for having come upon such a lovely place! Yet THIS HAS ALREADY HAPPENED TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US. It'seems what happens when we are born. And think of the hundreds of millions who never got the chance to be born! WE ARE THE LUCKY ONES!

To stand amid the emerald green of the Hoh rainforest lis tending to tree frogs sING love songs. To swim amidst the living cathedral of the kelp forests. To sail a beat, the ocean spraying your face, all the way to the Painted Cave. To see a beautiful blue shark glide by gracefully. To watch the sunrise over Molokai generating the most vibrant rainbow. To hike across Tuolumne Meadow, the grass damp and spongy from a terrific thunderstorm. To see a bighorn ram on the summit of Half-moon Pass. To see bison grazing in Hayden Valley, a beautiful big rainbow serving as a backdrop. To plunge into an aspen forest amidst a blizzard, then fall back on a bed of soft snow and watch the flakes fall on you. To listen to the chorus of birds and insects in the tropical rainforest of the Ko'ulau range. To camp among the rocky castles and Joshua trees in the desert and watch a bright meteor streak across the sky from horizon to horizon. To stand in quiet solitude and gaze up in awe at the giant Sequoias towering over you on a misty morning. To have lunch with a squirrel on the White Mountains among the oldest living trees on earth. To spend a magical afternoon at the tide pools with your niece inquiring about the treasure of life she sees. To stand at the south rim of the Grand Canyon watching sunbursts through the thunderheads. To walk among the saguaro cactus and see Coyote Star (what the Navajo called Venus) blaze in the western twilight. To see a mama bear pull trout from the Merced River and watch her two cubs play with it. To see a carpet of wildflowers and weep at the beauty of the snow capped Grand Tetons biting into the sky.

Fuck yeah, I wanna live

• Using hindsight, I'd want to be born.
    But if I had not been born (because of proper condom use, for instance) I'd never have known it, thus I'd have no regrets.

• My mom probably would have made better choices, or at least not had my brothers, so not born.

Also due to shit going around in America right now, things that hit close to home due to who I am as a person, lets just not...

• Well born. If I'm not, then I don't exist

• I don't hate myself enough not to want to be born

• if the option to be born what i want to be, id pick A instead of B

• I'd choose to not be born. I don't even have to think twice about it.

• Born, spirits can't fall in love

• If i'm not born, how can he ask me?
    Are you sugesting i would be a spirit?

• yes you're right I agree with you

• But if you already are, don't do anything crazy... and just live your life (since it's the only thing you remember and know from your existence)

• I would pick to be born with an 8" penis

• If I could continue to exist somehow and live in imagination then perhaps I would choose the option to not be born, but I think that's somewhat unlikely.

• I do believe in reincarnation... I just hope I don't reincarnate back here again if you know what am saying.

• Existence beats non-existence.

• Only if you know about it.
      If you're starving since birth, starvation is the only condition you know, perfectly 'normal' thus.