How often has someone asked you to their place without meeting them publicly first?

Like... Why do people think that's something that would work? I have no idea who you are, why would I just waltz into your apartment before meeting you elsewhere first? 😂

This isn't the first time it's happened, but I'm still super surprised guys think this would even remotely work.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you have to give it to the guy. He's got a ton of confidence and gets straight to the point.

"I'm still super surprised guys think this would even remotely work."

I'm guessing with him it probably did work at least once or twice before.

I had a male friend who was quite a looker and charming. He could go into a night club and just start dancing with a girl, grab her, and kiss her within a minute or two. It almost seemed kind of "rapey", but he could pull it off. Soon after I'd catch the two of them banging in the men's bathroom.

• I will admit it did end up working for him in the end, but that's mostly due to the fact of us talking further rather than him just saying that and me immediately agreeing

• Oh I see, it kind of worked then! Some girls might have fewer reservations and kind of jump into those potentially dangerous situations. I do think it's kind of silly how direct these guys are about these things, but I have some envy for them when they find a girl with whom this type of super direct approach actually works.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yupp, happens to me plenty online. I don't know how people think it's okay either. Like I definitely don't feel safe unless I know the person a little. I think some people are just too eager to jump the gun. Some people though may think if they get you in their house, that they have more control over the situation and will be able to get you to do whatever they want.

So I would say be careful. Any person who truly cares is not going to push for something you are not uncomfortable with. If they are pushing, there is usually a reason. And it's usually better to just let them go.

What Guys Said 24

• Never happened to me but I always assumed it was the big online NO NO, to ask or agree to it. I mean you are leaving a trail of evidence behind (oops sorry I didn't mean to type that, I really AM a nice guy)
    img2.thejournal.ie/.../?width=630&version=2281948

• Our world today is teetering on going off the deep end.
    Meed in pubic. Then go your separate ways. If there is
    a spark then plan to meet again. There is a lot to be said
    about sleeping on things before sleeping with them.

• yeah a bit silly but then if you get his address off timber you can at least text if to a friend or something whereas if you meet him in public first, you have to decide whether or not you trust the guy and he's going to think it's odd if you start asking his address. I don't know, it's a tough one... meet in public then take the guy round your place?

• One girl invited me her home in the first meeting. I went there. I didn't like her at all. Even before go there , I thought its not nice to get to know each other there. Even there were other people. Before I went there , I thought we will have sex. But after 45 minutes conversation and dinner I wanted to go my home. Cuz she was rude , she and her male friend was talking too much. And they interrupt my speech many time. She was so sensitive and boring. Even if she wanted to sex with me I wouldn't do that. Cuz she was so rude, sensitive and boring. Thats why after I went my home. This was my experience. But it doesn't mean all this kind of meetings will be same. Maybe I will do this again and I will be happy. Who knows. This is life.

• I don't think I'd go to a girls house if she had room mates there, kind of defeats the whole getting to know each other 1 on 1 thing.

• @posted You are right dude. I will not do this again. I will do this only in 1 option. İf she is alone in the home or if we will have sex.(planned firstly)

• Suuuuuper schetchy!!! Block him now!

• Its because those guys don't care about meeting in public. They just wanna take it to the sheets as fast as possible.

• First thing he said was "I want you". And your response was a reply rather than an instant block. What do you think he is thinking? lol

• I mean he's attractive but he's just stupid if he thinks im going to meet him privately lol

• I'm not saying I'm going to just meet him for a minute and then go back with him.

I'm going to meet him and talk for a couple hours before I make a decision. You're absolutely correct, it isn't suddenly safe, but at least I have my own gut feeling to go off of.

• So rude for making his 4 friends back at his place wait for a couple of hours! :P

• Nope. Never.

• Yes, but to pick them up from their place. These people lived with their parents and I felt uncomfortable doing that considering I've never met them before. That made me change my mind.

• I saw a two-panel comic on the internet of an internet pedophile catfishing as a little kid and asking another kid named Jimmy to meet, but when he got there it turned out Jimmy was also a pedophile catfish.

• Actually almost every girl i was near asked me over without a public meeting first. O never obliged and they never spoke to me again.

• Well, one way to look at it is that he's making himself vulnerable. If things don't work out you now know where he lives.

But yeah, that is kind of weird to start off like that.

• Weirdos in Michigan 😂

• I prefer to invite people straight into my dungeon.

• Never .

• Never had that before.
    Usually you go out on a date. Dodgy haha.

• i met my girlfriend online we talked and texted a while first

met at Walmart with her cousin and my best friend there. we are still together 4 months later but yeah wouldn't have met her without people there.

• People wouldn't try it if it didn't work. A low success rate still has success.

• I wouldn't know what that's like. I'm a guy you know. :rolleyes:

• I said "why do people think this would work"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ never said girls don't try and do this to guys but I obviously don't get hit on by girls so I don't know

• Not sure. Hasn't happened to me. I always meet in public first, but I can see how some guys would act kind of sketchy that way.

What if it's a human trafficking organization with the guy being bait? Not good! :shocked:

• Lol, fuckkkk that. I'd meet publicly first.

• That's what I told him lol

I was like "uh you're attractive but I generally have a rule against meeting someone somewhere that isn't public."

And he told me we should just meet up on campus then. Like. Just. 😪 That's not exactly public if people aren't around 😂

• it works a lot suprisingly lol, it works with my friend

• It works on idiots.

• more like horny girls who sleep with anyone they like a little bit but it still works, most guys try it with lots of girls, hey it must have worked before so he kept doing it.

• You should always meet up in a public place first for your own safety.
    It makes sense too right?

• Don't get sold for ass pal

• Wow... you are a very easy girl lol

What Girls Said 7

• I had a similar situation back when I was 20, and I had immediately took that as a red flag and blocked him asap. I had him reported and have never heard or been harassed by him again. It was on a pen-pal site, and he lived in the same state as me, not too far from my home. Too many creeps on dating sites, and people's intentions are in the gutter. Your only as safe as you allow yourself to be online and offline. And if you don't alert anybody to this, your just jeopardizing your safety.

• Once maybe? But it was in a joking way and we called on the phone he just said "when you come to London you're welcome in my place " 😝
    But woaaah this dude is kinda creepy:x

• I don't know why they think that would work lmao! Who does that? I don't even go to my guy friends house by myself. Lol!

• That's happened to me, and I thought it was pretty weird. I'll meet them in public first 'cuz you gotta stay save.

• Not many, I would always tell them that we would have to meet in a public place.

• Several times. That's an immediate BLOCK in my book.

• Most men are only interested in one thing! You're pretty, you can get a better man than that!