Can anyone interpret dreams?

For the past few days I've been having dreams involving water and in my dream I've felt peaceful. Last night in my dream I was sitting on a dock above a nice blue lake then suddenly a tiger pops out of the brush and playfully swipes at me. He gave me a playful bite and I playfully pushed it into the water. I looked over the side and the tiger was smiling.. it made me feel emotionally well. does anyone have any thoughts on what this is about?

Most Helpful Guy

• I only remember a little of dream interpretation from my college days long, long ago as a psychology major. :) But I do know if you asked a specialist, he or she would have some questions before giving you their opinion.

For instance, does something in reality seem to trigger these water-based dreams? Do they come after you've had a tough week? Do they come when you have a big decision to make? Do they always make you feel better or are there instances where they don't?

Aside from those questions, I can just take a stab at the tiger thing- If the lake and dock represent safety for you, as they seem to do, the tiger may represent a positive change, but one you have to bring about yourself. It may be asking you to take a leap and though it may appear scary on the surface (tigers are inherently frightening to humans), the leap may not be as scary as you think, thereby resulting in the playfulness. The tiger smiling at you from the water sort of reinforces this theory, as it's asking you to follow.

In short, maybe it means you have to bust out of your shell, break free of your comfort zone and try something new. Then my question would be, "is there something in your life you're considering that would be a big change, and a potentially life-changing (and scary) one? Moving in with a boyfriend? Going back to school? Starting a new job?

That's the best I can do. :)

• wow I really like your answer and I think i will go ask a specialist. every time I have a water dream I feel really calm. One time I watched Malaysia air crash into the water and i was like " oh thats okay". my lover is year of the tiger and he slept with me last night as well

What Guys Said 17

• I am by all means not a dream expert, actually I sometimes search for the meanings of my dreams as well, but based on the description you've given us, the explanation that comes to my mind is that you are a very calm person (hence explaining the water in the dream).

Your peacefulness was disrupted by a tiger, who meant no harm since he was playfully biting you and you also playfully calmed him down, which shows that you can calm people down with your unique ways.

• Peaceful water... Docks, lake. . . Tiger... cat... playfully smashed with three tons of force... bites with enough power to crush steel... she playfully pushes a 3 ton animal off a dock...

Um...

You like cats.

• What I tend to do is look up a dream dictionary and look up the symbols of your dream say dock, lake and a tiger. When you have the definitions think about your life and what is going on or your recent experiences. I believe dreams are your current feelings and recent experience put into a story form. So you have your definitions, your current feelings/experiences and the storyline of dream. It is like interpretating a poem/story/TV/movie in such a way as it relates to you.

• In some years you will be able to capture your dreams on tape. I think that will make it easier to interpret them. I don't know what your dream means but does everything need to have a meaning?

• 1|0
  • The lake represents your mood, which is a state of stability. The tiger represents the inner you, something challenging has happened in your life and you are okay with it.

• I don't have a personal conviction about what this means, so I am not going to answer at the moment. I know some things about dreams that most people who think they know don't know.

• The Jungle Book 2 is coming to theatres

• Your mind makes your dreams. (adding or using some symbols.)

The 'tiger' may represent a guy you crave or hope to meet once.

• nothing beyond the obvious that you probably know

• Google what your dreams means.

• Yes I interpret. You are going to become a martial artist, if only you manage to see a dragon next time.

Hidden tiger crouching dragon.

• Hmmmm feeling peaceful? Maybe you confronted an issue recently or an emotional problem? Feeling good that you noticed that something was wrong, in time

• I see the lake as your mindset how you're feeling, calm and at peace, the tiger could be something or someone you thought could have been a threat/danger or something along those lines but its shown itself not to be and you feel good about that pushing it into the lake

• means absolutely zero.

welcome!

• aaah, i see this kind of dreams a lot (last time i dreamed my brother is drowning in the toilet :D)

• Yes the tiger is the man in your life. He wants to cause harm to you yet he acts sweet. You think it's playful but one time he'll bite harder or do something to hurt you.

• hmm i never thought of that. i seemed happy in the dream

• Interesting. It sounds like you are happy with 2nd place to a man. Is that really how you want to be treated?

• I don't feel second to anybody i know my own worth. I know i got talent and what not. my friend even supports me in every way

What Girls Said 3

• dreams don't mean anything

• lake = emotional, if its a calm it symbolizes inner peace.
    tiger = dream that you are attacked by a tiger refers to the emotions that you have repressed because you were afraid of confronting them.

all in all, it means you're thinking about something but you are trying to suppress your feelings. think about a situation in your life that you're trying to forget about.

• I had so weird dream tonight. I wish I could interpret it.
    Maybe you watched documentary about tigers these days?